TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is the widest tire/rim combo with the combination of offset i can use to keep the fender and upper joints from rubbing?

Also whats the widest 20 inch rim/tire combo somebody has used on a non-lowered bird?

Yes 20's. I'm not trying to race it. I'm tryin' to do it the way I want to do it and I want 20's.

I talked to PhatBird long before I came to this site.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
PHATBRD is the only one I know of that has 20's on his bird, and personally the only one I would trust with asking this question to. Just like RAYO suggested.

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
Cool it guys.

Thread Locked while I clean this mess up.

All right. Thread unlocked.

It's a legitimate question. Either answer it politely or keep your opinions to yourself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool it guys.

Thread Locked while I clean this mess up.

All right. Thread unlocked.

It's a legitimate question. Either answer it politely or keep your opinions to yourself.
And I thank you so much, smh. Anyways I talked to Phatbird long before I was a member of this community. Its a legit question. But ill find out on my own.

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
Post it up; it's valid tech.

BFGoodrich is stopping production of a lot of 15" tires, and 16 and 17's aren't available for what I want. (No BFG G force sports for any rim I currently own... :zsoapbox: )

We may all be "riding on 2-4 D's" before we get done... :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'd rather take a bunch of pics of what a car looked like before all that happened and stop using cars before I ever ride on 24's. Don't get me wrong some cars yes even some MN12's like Phatbrds look good with 20's, but I personally would like a bit more sidewall and less rim. If I feel like I can make a guiness book or world records pizza inside my rims.....:facepalm: It's time to find something else.

Just my opinion, but you are right Grog this is valid tech, to my knowledge though only Phatbrd has done it on this forum, and him and the OP are friends so..... Maybe we will find out maybe we won't lol.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Post it up; it's valid tech.

BFGoodrich is stopping production of a lot of 15" tires, and 16 and 17's aren't available for what I want. (No BFG G force sports for any rim I currently own... :zsoapbox: )

We may all be "riding on 2-4 D's" before we get done... :D
Hope they keep with the Radial T/A line! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
17,170 Posts
There's virtually no good tire available in the 26.5-27" overall height that is oh so perfect on these cars in rim sizes under 18" (and even that's limited). Pretty much no middle ground between small sport coupe and larger sport truck.

20s look good on these cars with GFX. It fattens the body up enough to keep them proportional. Regular LX bodies not so much. Plus there's much more tasteful 20" wheels out now than there were a few years ago. The latest crop of clydesdale ponycars saw to that.

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
Hope they keep with the Radial T/A line! :rolleyes:
Me too, being as that was all I could get. :)

Note the selections...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Radial+T/A

:(

The replacement for the Gforce is up at tire rack; note the sizes...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport+COMP-2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=25WR6GFSPC2&tab=Sizes

:facepalm:

They said they were changing the compound anyway; they could suck.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If you want to use the same size at all 4 corners, have a look at 255/35R20. If you want to have staggered front / rear sizes, 255/35 and 285/30 would be about it.

Just to add as well, extremely short sidewall tires tend to exaggerate the look of the tire to fender opening gap. So on a stock ride height Bird, which already has a fairly large gap, it is going to appear quite large.

cheers
Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts