TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if anyone had any svt rims on tbirds chrome or not i saw some on ebay that were 17 x9 but also saw some on tirerack.com that were 17x 7 which ones should i buy?? so confusing thanks for any help

Thanks

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
9" : 245-285
7": 215-255

245/50-17s are almost a perfect match to stock and you can run them on either.

9" advantage: can put more rubber on the road, fill the fenders more
7" advantage: less unprung weight, for better handling. can run cheaper tires if needed.

Personally, I am getting some 8" wide wheels, but I don't know of anyone making a cobra / TB-SVT wheel in our pattern 8" wide.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i've got the 7.5" SVT wheels (not made anymore) and the 245 45ZR17's work perfect. it's a pretty short sidewall, but in my opinion it looks way sportier than 255 50's.

-danimal

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Oh, so now my tires aren't sporty Dan Mr bling bling my car looked lifted before John helped me swap my springs? I have 255-50-17's on 7" wide rims and am very happy with them.

John

·
Registered
970 Posts
helped me swap them??? EHHHHHH wrong. You let me use a spring compressor...hardly helping me swap them. I am the one that did the R & R...that's where the blood sweat and tears come in baby!!!

Anyways, I think the 255 50's look really really good, don't get me wrong. They look good as in...drag strip good. I dig the lower profile "sporty" look. I think it makes the car look more...corner friendly.

Here is a picture of my car with 245 45's and the seccond one is johns with the 255 50's. some one else back me up here....

I dig the shorter side wall. Hey john, did you go to the car show/race this weekend?

-bling bling danimal

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
uuuhhhhemmmm...I believe I was the one that did the first one. I sure as heck didn't sweat that much standing there watching you..ha ha ha...

Nah man...I didn't go...wasn't worth the $$$ for me to go right now. I am trying to buy a house, so money is at a premium at the moment.

Oh, and those tires handle VERY well IMO.

John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think ill go with 17x9

I think 17x9's would work out fine. Now I just have to choose chrome or not anybody got any pics on a black tbird.....?...

Thanks
chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts