TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions...

what is a good tire & rim size for stock height?

what is a good tire & rim size for 1'' lowered?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I'm pricing out my options to leave the car at the stock height, get a set of new wheels and tires, or lower the car 1'', and put on new wheels and tires.

I know you can put like 20'' on them, but I'm guessing I'm looking at like 17'' tires. I don't want anything too big, but the stock 15'' wheels have way too much sidewall, in my opinion. I'd like something "low profile", but I don't want to leave a huge gap between the tires and the body. (Did that make sense? haha..)

i.e.: would a 17'' rim and a 235/55R17 tire fit well on the car at stock height, and also later on down the line when I lower it 1''?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Well, I'm pricing out my options to leave the car at the stock height, get a set of new wheels and tires, or lower the car 1'', and put on new wheels and tires.

I know you can put like 20'' on them, but I'm guessing I'm looking at like 17'' tires. I don't want anything too big, but the stock 15'' wheels have way too much sidewall, in my opinion. I'd like something "low profile", but I don't want to leave a huge gap between the tires and the body. (Did that make sense? haha..)
I would definitly lower it 1" or more, it will look a lot better!! 17's or 18's look really good on our cars and you can buy tire packages for either size that will work good. I suggest to start going through the 12 pages of wheel pics and see what suits you best. Most pics also include tire sizes.

I just put my new setup on last night. 18x10 in back with 285/40's and 18x9 in front with 255/45's. My car is lowered 2" and this setup looks awsome and really fills the wheel wells but I had to install air bags in the back springs to avoid rubbing and I also think I'm going to have to roll my rear fenders.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts