TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who beats TireRack's prices?!?

I need some new, but cheap 245 60 14's. Preferably Dunlop GT Qualifier's, to keep with the "retro hot rod" theme on my 73 Cougar (i.e. only using speed parts that were available in the early/mid 70's :D ).

The best price I've found is $66 for the Dunlops at TireRack (Kumho's are $56 but they weren't available in the early/mid 70's :bawling: )

Any other source that can beat that price? :thumbsup:

·
Mr. Jiggy Fly
744 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
What kind of Dunlops?

I spent $6X on some Dunlop SP Sport A2 tires from tirerack.com.
While they looked cool, they were VERY soft, and the tread wore faster than any other tire I've ever seen.
Just a word of warning...

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for the old classic Dunlop GT Qualifier that EVERYBODY ran years ago. It was pretty much the only low profile (60 series at the time was low profile :rofl: ) available back then.

Or so I'm told... not that I would know first hand or anything... :leftright :thumbsup:

·
Mr. Jiggy Fly
744 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
well 94 dd, looks like tire rack gots the best price so far.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chorizon said:
well 94 dd, looks like tire rack gots the best price so far.
Sort of what I found also. I've hit every place I can think of both online and locally, and TireRack wins in all cases.

But of course they are back ordered.... Grrrrrr. Oh well, I guess I'll just save my money and wait for them to come available again. :D

My thanks to everyone for all the help trying to hook me up with some cheap tires. :D

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i still can't believe that the 73 had 14's lol, but how much is the shipping from each place, maybe the place that charges 80 a tire gives free shipping, or gives you a better deal, remember most online dealers are very competative, so maybe you could get free shipping at 66 a tire, don't rule that out......;)

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
My local Tire warehouse will match Tirerack's price, before shipping. Plus they mount and balance for free.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FordFanatic said:
here's what you need, but they are pretty expensive. http://www.coker.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=276
I would LOVE to put some "wide oval" Firestones on this vert, but I'm not going to drop that kind of coin on a tire for this car. :(

Greenbird: Is that a local chain or are you talking about "Tire Warehouse" that unfortunatly doesn't exist down south? :bawling:

Teal94BirdV8: I had forgotten about Cooper tires. I may have to check into them also. (Looks like they are $65 each.) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies. I now have some options. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
789 Posts
From my experience: If buying a tire at tirerack, it will often lead to almost no savings once it's shipped, mounted, balanced, valve stems etc. Plus the inconvienence of loading 4 tires and 4 wheels into a car/truck and taking them to a shop for install.

It's been worth it for me to just get them locally.

Tirerack is best for wheel/tire combos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts