TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Michelin Rainforce MX4, I love em'. Excellent rain handling, especiallyin the fishtail mobile.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the Michelin Rainforce MX4 a all-season tire

cuz i live in southern indiana and we get all kinds of weather here

·
Registered
538 Posts
There

There is a Michellin Tire that is called WHEATHERWISE...this is an all season tire...However, i believe the name has changed to ALLWHEATHER....Just ask them for their all Season tire made by Michellin....

BeirutsFinest

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S

That is the tire you want

·
Registered
710 Posts
if you're putting new tires on, regardless of the brand, i suggest getting 245/60/15's just due to the fact that they're wider and will probably give you some better traction... wider is better my son...

·
2,118 Posts
Wide is not good for snow, mud, slush, etc. In these kind of conditions, the wider your tire is, the more your car has to work to move and these kind of conditions are not RWD friendly. My suggestion is that if you experience any of the conditions I have just mentioned, you want close to your stock size, otherwise wider is better, but with wider tires and lower profile, you will lose accuracy of the speedo and odometer.

Edit: MAGIC NUMBER POST:D :D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
TGJ said:
...but with wider tires and lower profile, you will lose accuracy of the speedo and odometer.

Edit: MAGIC NUMBER POST:D :D
1) if your odometer has been calibrated for 215/70-15 tires, replacing them with 245/60 R 15's would result in the odometer reading high by 1.04%.

2) nothing magic about that number, it happens all the time :tongue:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what would i have to do if i put like 17s with low profile on, what the mess up the odometer?

·
2,118 Posts
Yes, 17 will mess up the speedo and odometer.

However, 240/50 R17 should be fairly close to being able to keep them somewhat accurate.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if i did get new big rims and tires
how would i get the speedo and odometer corrected?

are sc rims any different from the stock fan wheels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts