TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody tried to get a title for a car bought at a junk yard? I bought the car for parts but the car is too nice to strip for parts. The car is a 1990 sc. drive train shot. body in great shape. interior nice shape. previous owner wont acknowledge owning car. junk yard lost title does anyone know of a company that deals in this type of service? i live in new jersey and once it was in junk yard . they wont issue a salvage title...

·
Registered
129 Posts
If the title was in the Salvage Yards possesion and was in there name then i don't think theres anything you can do. It may already be a salvage title. Not worth the time and hastle to get another one. If the title was still in the previous owners name and still clear then you can get with the DMV and say that the vehicle was left on your property and you want to see if you can get a title for it. I have heard that some DMV's will send a letter to the last known owner and if they don't respond in a certain amount of time, then the car is free and clear and any back taxes or liens will be owed and it will go to whom ever files for the title. (this is all word of mouth, so don't take it too seriously) But it is worth a shot if the car is really too good to junk. You just have to get with your DMV and see what you can do. But don't say you picked the car out of a salvage yard...dead giveaway to not getting a title for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pain

thanks for reply TxCoUg.. junk yard didnt have title tracked down owner .acts as if the car has bubonic plague.. strange situation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts