TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am soon going to be upgrading my 3.27open w/TC to 3.73TL w/TC. Should I be concerned? Is there a chance i will tear anything up with both TL and TC? IDK if i have ever read anything about it around here. THanks

C.Hill

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
just brakes

as far as i know, the TC just applies brakes to the wheel thats spinning faster. a locker should keep it from doing anything in the rear since both wheels will be going the same speed. then again i am no expert on diffs.

-John

·
Registered
385 Posts
trac lok is in your rearend, its a mechicnal unit

traction control is just like john posted, applies brakes to there is where spin , always turn it off when you race or do a burnout...im not sure if there is a way to disable it, cause id like to know

trac lok is what you want

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trac lok is in your rearend, its a mechicnal unit

traction control is just like john posted, applies brakes to there is where spin , always turn it off when you race or do a burnout...im not sure if there is a way to disable it, cause id like to know

trac lok is what you want
Yes, I do know all of this, my question being, is there any dangers to anything by combining the two? Becuase that is what I will be doing. If I recall correctly with the SCT tuner you can turn off the TC.

C.Hill

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes, I do know all of this, my question being, is there any dangers to anything by combining the two? Becuase that is what I will be doing. If I recall correctly with the SCT tuner you can turn off the TC.

C.Hill
ah ok

naw i dont see a problem...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,624 Posts

C.Hill
not on mn12's, our cars dont use the pcm to enable traction control, its all in abs.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Just a question here.. I know that the TC uses the brakes to do its thing. I also know that the sensors for the TC are attached to the Diff as I've removed a diff or two. Is it possible, or practical, to just disable the TC by unplugging the rear sensors?

(I don't know, my car was never equipped with TC and I've since installed a TL)

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also must state that I use this for Auto-xing and I just dont want to damage anything. Obviously I would turn TC off before i go out for a run, but just trying to be safe.

C.Hill

·
5,650 Posts
Just a question here.. I know that the TC uses the brakes to do its thing. I also know that the sensors for the TC are attached to the Diff as I've removed a diff or two. Is it possible, or practical, to just disable the TC by unplugging the rear sensors?

(I don't know, my car was never equipped with TC and I've since installed a TL)
If you unplug the rear sensors, the ABS light will flash to indicate such and the whole system will disable itself. The only real way to disable it is to swap out the ABS computer or you can modify a wire single wire going to the computer IIRC.

·
Registered
518 Posts
So here's my question, where are the tc sensors located and can a tl pumpkin be swapped into a tc car? I guess in simple terms can the sensor be hooked up after swapping diffs? I have an sc tl that I will be putting in soon but I also have tc. I don't want to have to deal with the whole abs problem chris eluded to

·
Registered
518 Posts
the sensors are bolted to the case by the halfshafts, yes they can be swapped, the cases are the same, and swapping to tl has no ill effects on abs operation.
thanks XR7

1 - 15 of 15 Posts