TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be jumping the gun on this but they way I change my mind, I like to start early. My last car was a 95 Mustang GT Convertible automatic. It was black with a tan top and tan interior, it had Cobra pace car wheels on it, exhaust and intake work and thats it. I loved that car because I put so much hard work into getting it. I bought it when it had 121k miles on it. I wrecked it beyond the point where my budget would allow me to repair it. You can see a few pictures of it on my cardomain site which is listed in my signature. Thats when I came across the cougar. I love this car but now that I've had it for a few months I've came to relize that I would like to have more of a sports car. I want another Mustang....A cobra. I would like to have a 96-98 because the 94-98 is my favorite body style and the DOHC motor in the 96-98 cars is just awesome. I liked have the 5.0 in the GT but the 5.0s don't put out crazy amounts of power stock. I know they do modified but I dont really want to go that far back again.

Anyways, heres the question. When I started saving my money for the next ride should I go back for the Mustang or should I gut whats under the hood of the cat and give it the sports car that its lacking?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Make it fly. You never these cars flyin at the track. Mustangs are way common to.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I've made my decsision. I can name off about 14 people that I know that own Mustangs that I can think of. Yesterday, I saw a kid that has one now that doesnt deserve a vehicle like that because he thinks all its for is racing. He doesnt understand the "hertiage" of a Mustang. Hes not even out of High School or maybe he just graduated I think. So anyways, after seeing him in that made me relize that if i get another stang I'm just gonna be back in the crowd again and thats somewhere I dont wanna be. So I'm gonna put all the power I can afford to put under the hood of the cat.

Probally do a PI swap with a Bullit intake, a SCT tune, new tranny out of a 99 up gt mustang, posi with 3.55 or 3.73's and whatever else i can think of.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I do like mustangs but they are too common. Now if you are talking about special kinds then it might be cool. Cobras up to 98 are still fairly common. But maybe a Mach 1 or something would be cool. I could see that over a tbird for some coolness factor. But a regular GT or -98 cobra is a little to common to get rid of a good mn12 for in my opinion.
So how about a Mach 1 if you are itching for a mustang. Otherwise your plans sound good.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the only problem with that is the insurance costs. I like the specials stangs like the Bullits and the Mach 1's. I think building the cat up may be alittle more pratical because the cheaper cost of ownership and the fact that my cat has a flawless interior and almost flawless paint job on it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see where things go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts