1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to replace this...

with this...

:eek:

The car is the '96 Mark VIII and the future may or may not include mild boost. I'm on the fence about replacing the IMRC's with a pair of deletes.

In my opinion, the way the runners on the intake feed both the primary and secondary intake ports, the actual closed port on the secondary is introducing unintended disturbances in the flow.

I know there would be lower intake velocities with the deletes at lower rpm's but this particular car is more of a weekend toy and with 4.10s and a 3600 stall, I'm only a throttle stab away to reducing any low torque issues.

Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
Imrcs open up around 3000rpm. If you have a 3600 stall, they aren't doing you any good, so I say delete them.

·
The Parts Guy
7,267 Posts
Being a weekend/fun car rather than a DD/highway regular, I'd probably go ahead and delete them. You'll lose a little part throttle torque below 3200 rpm, but you won't have to worry about the IMRC's getting dirty/stuck any longer.

·
Super Moderator
10,270 Posts
I've never seen the second intake; what year is that?

·
Super Moderator
10,270 Posts
The Lincoln emblem threw me off. :)

I was doing some searching the other day, and saw a set of imrc eliminator plates for ~$150, IIRC.

I also saw a set of plates to put a 302 boss intake on a set of Navi heads; unfortunately, it only fits 5.4 setups. :) Now that would breathe...

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Indeed, who made them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts