TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the ladies at my work has a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII she approached me about selling earlier tonight. Here's the low down on the car. 1997 LSC Black with Black interior has about 120k on the odo. Mechanically the car seems very good. The only bad part is the paint which has started peeling on the hood, roof, and trunk. Other wise the body is straight as an arrow, interior is super clean for a 16 yr old car, the air ride has been converted to coils. She pointed me out because I had always told her if she ever wanted to sell it to let me know. Well over the last year or so she has approached me a couple times about selling it, in which either she wanted more than I wanted to pay or that I had off hand. Well today she told me her boyfriend had recently received a DUI and that she needed to sell the car to help her boyfriend pay off the ticket. She only wants a $1000 for it and I am highly temped but that means putting off my Vortech project for the Bird so I am kinda at odds here. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Hmm, you already have a nicely built 4v car, but a grand for it is pretty good, peeling clear or not. I just replaced a wrecked 97 Cougar with a 97 Mark VIII, I liked the Cougar better, and will get it back on the road I think.

Be a heck of a backup car if you don't have more than one already, I am down to two cars in running condition and it is tough, because one of them isn't always in running condition, and I am used to having 3 cars with one fall back car at all times.

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
$1000 for a running driving black-on-black Gen2 LSC? Why is this a question? Buy the car and enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
I'd get it. It will give you a DD with plenty of power to use in place of the MN12 on days of inclement weather. :)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
$1000 for a running driving black-on-black Gen2 LSC? Why is this a question? Buy the car and enjoy it!
This is the correct answer. ^^

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be a heck of a backup car if you don't have more than one already, I am down to two cars in running condition and it is tough, because one of them isn't always in running condition, and I am used to having 3 cars with one fall back car at all times.
I only have two cars at the moment my daily is my 02 F-350 7.3 diesel and of course the bird is my toy. My diesel runs like a champ and has never given me an issue. The other problem is where to put it. I got the Bird and my girlfriends car in the garage and park my truck on the drive way.

My father thinks similarly to you. He has 4 vehicles a commuter, his full size pick up, a SUV, and his toy.

You make a very valid point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts