TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this today and was absolutely blown away with what people are doing with the passion of millions. How attrocious! Add pics of cool rat rods/hot rods, or rediculous things people have done. I want to see them!

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
^^ Wow.....I'm speechless. ^^ :2huh: :zbash:

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
rat rods arent supposed to have chrome on them. nor rubber bands.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I wonder if that pile was actually driven into that parking spot. Has the rat rod crowd deemed exhaust manifolds unnecessary?

·
Registered
484 Posts
i can picture the call system at that car show now. "would the owner of a rusty heap sitting on 24's please report to the parking lot, your car has been set on fire" haha

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
throw some red steelies and wide whites on it and it may have a chance. Rat rods are my other true love....but I can't say that I love this one soo much.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
throw some red steelies and wide whites on it and it may have a chance. Rat rods are my other true love....but I can't say that I love this one soo much.
Same here and I think that there isn't a single person I know who is involved with vintage iron who'd go for something like that.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I think its a statement about the newer piece of junk sitting on "Dubbs" and rusting out.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I get so sick of seeing those giant wagon wheels on everything. Not even a rat-rod is sacred to those guys!

·
The Parts Guy
7,350 Posts
Eh, I can see the comedy in it. :)

Add pics of cool rat rods/hot rods, or rediculous things people have done. I want to see them!
Here are some pics of a few of the rides that went on one of the local cruises with us last year. Call them rat rods, period cars, or whatever you want...with the level of detail involved in most of them, I'll just call them cool.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Contrived rat rods don't do it for me.
A real rusty heap fixed just enough to be driven: Cool.
Fake rust, new paint made to look old, riveting/welding/bolting on every piece of junk in the garage: junk.

Here's a non-rat rod that I built with a friend of mine. We went from a crate of parts to a running car in 11 months, and to the finished, registered, street legal driver in another 6 months.

Early on:

Part way there:

Almost done:

For some reason, I don't have one with it completely finished with the windshield or a good shot of the interior. Must be on my work computer. Here's the best I got for now:

More pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tobey.a.taylor/PatrickSHotRod#

·
Registered
7,062 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I think the OP car is a statement ot the absurd. They are trying to be funny. It's what that crowd runs on.

I want a rusted rod, 4 door. Somewhat like Tobey said, just enough to get it on the road. But safe and comfy. I do have children.

I was interested in this. I would have removed some of the gestures though. :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220415046501
it ain't a 4 door, but has very little rust......you know you want that 73 of mine!

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
it ain't a 4 door, but has very little rust......you know you want that 73 of mine!
Nope. Not even close to a rod. Pimp mobile maybe. Rod no.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts