TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
so what did you use in place of the rubber hanger after you cut it off?

those are easy to slip off and on :confused:

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
nothing yet. exhaust is still off now. prob will just let it hang.

stupid me forgot about the hanger and unbolted the pipes, and had to fight it getting it free.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I don't recommend cutting that rubber hanger unless you have a replacement on-hand. Really you shouldn't need to cut it.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
nothing yet. exhaust is still off now. prob will just let it hang.

stupid me forgot about the hanger and unbolted the pipes, and had to fight it getting it free.
I have a replacement rolling around in the bed of my truck, if your interested in it I'll ship it to you for the cost of shipping only. (Free part)

·
Registered
29 Posts
fill tube size

I dropped my tank when I was rebuilding the transmission, and had to cut the rubber line off the fill tube. The largest fuel line Advance has is 1", and it is nowhere near big enough. Anyone know what size that is and where to find fuel grade hose that big? It looks like radiator hose, but pretty sure that's not a good idea.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose

I dropped my tank when I was rebuilding the transmission, and had to cut the rubber line off the fill tube. The largest fuel line Advance has is 1", and it is nowhere near big enough. Anyone know what size that is and where to find fuel grade hose that big? It looks like radiator hose, but pretty sure that's not a good idea.
You have a couple options..

There is still NOS available for the Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose..

Here's a link where you can buy an original hose assembly from-->>FUEL TANK TO FILLER PIPE HOSE

This part hasn't been available from the dealership for a very long time..

Just for reference though..The Ford Part Number for the Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose is (F4SZ-9047-A) or (F4SZ9047A)

I would steer clear of buying standard rubber hose even if it fits this application..

The stock Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose is a special grade of rubber that's resistant to almost all types of fuel..So you need a suitable replacement..

One side effect of using the wrong grade of rubber hose for this fuel application is..

As time passes from filling up your car's fuel tank..The fuel will degrade the rubber if it is not the right grade, and leave black deposits in your fuel tank..

These deposits will plug up your Fuel Pump Strainer, and eventually make it to your Fuel Filter as well..

A cheap solution is to take your old Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose with you to your local Marina, and buy a section of Marine Fuel Filler Hose from them..

Most Marina's will have the correct grade of hose that you need..

:thumbsup:

Rayo..

·
Registered
2 Posts
fuel pump access

Gas fumes, weakened body structure(have fun in the event of a side impact), and the satisfaction of knowing you forever mutilated your car to save at best a whopping 30 minutes of extra work.
I've seen a lot of people mentioning this as well as an increased wind noise and draft.
Let me just say I was forced to cut an access panel to replace my fuel pump. Its my only car to get back and forth to work with. I'm in the middle of moving so when my fp failed I had zero tools, and zero money but had to get it back on the road. I borrowed some aviation snips from a friend and cut a 6x6 hole under my back seat. Fastest, easiest replacement ever. I got the whole fp module from my work for around $80. I sealed it with some sheet metal and self tapping screws, then filled all the edges with liquid metal to get an air tight seal (I wanted it permanently sealed because next time I'll have my tools to drop the tank).

Any how... NO fumes what so ever, NO drafts, NO wind noise, and do you really believe a hole that small will really have THAT big of an impact on the structural integrity of this car? I highly doubt it. All in all I'd say its a much easier faster way. Only took me about 15 minutes and most of that was cutting the hole.

Oh yeah and I'm new to the forum so Hi everybody!:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 89 Volvo 740 wagon has a factory access cover. I have changed that damn pump out far too many times. I would've sold the car if were not for easy fuel pump access. No noise or anything and that's inside of the cabin. However I would never cut a hole in my Cougar for that luxury. There far worse things than dropping a tank and I have had worse things precariously balanced over my head like th400 transmissions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose

You have a couple options..

There is still NOS available for the Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose..

Here's a link where you can buy an original hose assembly from-->>FUEL TANK TO FILLER PIPE HOSE

This part hasn't been available from the dealership for a very long time..

Just for reference though..The Ford Part Number for the Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose is (F4SZ-9047-A) or (F4SZ9047A)

I would steer clear of buying standard rubber hose even if it fits this application..

The stock Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose is a special grade of rubber that's resistant to almost all types of fuel..So you need a suitable replacement..

One side effect of using the wrong grade of rubber hose for this fuel application is..

As time passes from filling up your car's fuel tank..The fuel will degrade the rubber if it is not the right grade, and leave black deposits in your fuel tank..

These deposits will plug up your Fuel Pump Strainer, and eventually make it to your Fuel Filter as well..

A cheap solution is to take your old Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose with you to your local Marina, and buy a section of Marine Fuel Filler Hose from them..

Most Marina's will have the correct grade of hose that you need..

👍

Rayo..
The Ford Part Number for the Fuel Tank To Filler Pipe Hose is (F4SZ-9047-A) or (F4SZ9047A)

The NOS link referenced doesn't work - but they still offer the Ford part -
https://nospartsltd.com/product/f4sz9047a $45.00 - as of 11/24/19

21 - 30 of 30 Posts