TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need for the Exploder/GT PI Swap?

I just got a 97 Fuel rail. Did I need to pull anything else off that car?

And the other day I was stupid. I thought you had bought the 97 motor to get parts off of. You car IS a 97. Ha. Mine is a 95 so I assumed yours was too.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
rbrown said:
What do I need for the Exploder/GT PI Swap?

I just got a 97 Fuel rail. Did I need to pull anything else off that car?

And the other day I was stupid. I thought you had bought the 97 motor to get parts off of. You car IS a 97. Ha. Mine is a 95 so I assumed yours was too.
No idea. I don't know what my '97 has that your '95 doesn't. If you search the engine forum, someone put together a pretty comprehensive list of what you need.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
speed95 said:
Talk to Jim(warmaster). He is doing the swap I think on his 95.
I did the swap back in March, im rebuilding right now due to a crap manifold :mad:, but i can help anyway thats needed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Tobey said:
Yep. It just took a couple of tries to get it right. I'm debating on bringing the 'Bird or the Cutlass on Friday. Either way, I'm racing.
As much as I like the Cutlass I would rather see the Bird run down the track. What tires do you have for the Bird? Have you done the hub swap, if so I would let you use my slicks to make a pass or two.

Charles

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Thanks for the offer, and for offering Chris' stuff. :D

I prefer to run at the track in the same configuration I use on the street. I'll bring my air tank and play with pressures a little bit. My real problem is just experience. I've never drag raced a stick shift. Seat time is what I need.

They're predicting rain tonight and in the morning. That could easily evolve into tomorrow morning and evening. Cross your fingers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts