TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 10 minute ride from my house to target, I saw 3 unreal cars, god I wish I had my camera.

First was a Black on Black Cadillac XLR - Slick

S55 AMG Black on Black on 19's. - 150 Grand

CL600 Sliver and Black - 150 Grand

Those are some awsome rides dude.

The CL6 was nuts looking

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
unfortunately, i see those everyday...saw an SL65 today....saw 3 Continental GT's w/mulliner all on the same road all the same color...within 5 minutes of each other. Saw a renntech'd CL65, I see alot of the AMG cars....saw a few CLS55...hell, even preston has seen an SLR. saw a CLS500 on deep dish 19s at home depot......Umm, we roll clean on them things 'round here ;)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I used to detail stuff like that at the high end car shop I used to work at. We had one customer who had the most UNREAL car collection you could imagine...

He had when I worked there.....

Bobby Rayhall's 1987 Indy Car
Emmo Phittapaldi's 1987 Indy Car
an ORIGINAL Ford GT-40 Race car (Complete with the Magneto Start)
a Porsche GTP car
a Ferrari F-40
a Ferrari 308
a Lola (Can't remember the model) race car

He drove ALL of them.....He is a Vintage Race Car driver

His Daily driver was a Mercedes SL500.

He actually called Perelli to ***** at them because they didn't make Snow Tires for his F-40.

Guy was COOL as anything. I actually got to drive the Indy's and the GT-40...........all the way from the garage to the trailer........(about 200 feet)......lol

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
it can happen, off the line super cars usually suck because they high geared like a nascar where there able to go 200+

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno about that though those 0-60 times are not bad and this seems to be the slowest super car; the Murcielago doe sit in 3.5 sec....

He'd be toast either way.

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo

Max horsepower @ rpm 495 @ 7800
Max torque @ rpm 376 @ 4500

0-60 mph, sec 4.7
0-100 mph, sec 11.0
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.08 @ 109.89

Top speed, mph 192

Base price $165,900

·
Super Moderator
3,566 Posts
The CEO where I work has a Mercedes SL65 that has the twin turbo V12. I am thinking that it is in the $200,000+ range. That's saying something for where I live and someone using it as a daily driver.

Here's the excerpt from their page:

A limited-production supercar, the SL65 AMG features the most powerful Mercedes-Benz SL model in production.

Its 6.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-12 engine delivers over-the-top power and performance, sending the SL65 AMG from 0 to 60 in a mind-numbing 4.2 seconds. The engine, capable of 604 horsepower and 738 lb-ft of torque, features a high-strength, balanced forged-steel crankshaft, with high-performance main and connecting rod bearings and forged-aluminum AMG pistons, high-capacity fuel injectors with enlarged nozzles and a low-temperature high-capacity air-water intercooler.

engine
type. .
Hand-built AMG twin-turbo intercooled SOHC 36-valve 60 degree V-12. High-pressure die-cast alloy cylinder block. Alloy cylinder heads. Reinforced crankshaft and valvetrain. Lightweight camshafts.
displacement. .
6 L
bore. .
3 in
stroke. .
3 in
compression ratio. .
9.0:1
output. .
604 hp @ 4,800 - 5,100 rpm
torque. .
738 lb-ft @ 2,000 - 4,000 rpm
valve gear. .
Belt-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
redline. .
5,950 rpm
drivetrain
type. .
5-speed driver-adaptive automatic with AMG SpeedShift.
final drive ratio. .
1st gear. .
2nd gear. .
3rd gear. .
4th gear. .
5th gear. .
reverse gear. .
performance
acceleration1 . .
0 - 60 mph in 4.2 seconds.
top speed. .
155 mph (limited)

1. Stated rates of acceleration are based upon manufacturer's track results and may vary depending upon model, environmental and road surface conditions, driving style, elevation and vehicle load.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
$185,000 on Ebay...lol

My Favorite car in the world is the S65 AMG. I'm all set with the SL
nuthin like an S class....although I am partial to the CL.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
tbirdbrain said:
down here that amounts to people 'slumming it' !

I know what you mean. I live next to Beverly Hills. I see Bentleys, Frarrirs and RR's on a daily bases. Throw in some Lambo's, Auston Martins, and the rest of that class of car, along with your specialized Luxary cars like AMG, Lorinser, Brabus, etc. The AMG's I don't even notice anymore because there are so many here. But I remember when I didn't live here and it was a big deal to see an AMG car.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i gotta bring my camera to work someday and get a pic. in the shop at my job we have a silver carrera gt, red w/ white ford gt, and a black sl65 amg all parked next to each other. would make a bad *** picture. $775,000-$800,000 in 3 cars, thats bad ***.

Frank

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
I parked near an early 90s Taurus station wagon at work today. It had a pallet, a tire, and some miscellaneous crap strapped to the roof. I've been seeing it like that for the past month or two. Hot chit.

I saw a Lamborghini Murcielago the other day. The AMG cars are a common as Mustangs around here.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
big mike said:
on the subject of expensive rides, a yellow gallardo pulled up next to me at a red light today. i smoked that fool.
Didn't say he raced him. He said he smoked him. :eek: I wouldn't let that out too much. :D Who's the fool now?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts