TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what wire would i need to safely wiretoggle switches. im going to be putting in 6 switches, probably apc switches.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
what he said. your switches need to be rated to handle the maximum current you'll be drawing too. what's the app.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't trust apc switches to go over 5 amps...don't care what they're rated for. Carling and Painless makes some high quality switches but if they aren't switching anything critical-like a fuel pump- then use whatever you like except Niehoff, their stuff is absolute junk. Use relay(s) for high current loads.

My $.02 :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im putting fog lights, 2 neon lights in front, and 2 in back, one in the trunk, one maybe in hood, and undercar kit.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
chsplayer said:
im putting fog lights, 2 neon lights in front, and 2 in back, one in the trunk, one maybe in hood, and undercar kit.
I would use relays. It complicates the wiring a little, but at least current will be a non-issue, and you can use pretty much whatever switches you want.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah... i had a walmart switch wired up already in my panel.. so i attached my foglights that way...... they were lit switches.. aaaaaaand.. well. lesson learned. it turned teh switches internals into soup. melted teh switch into the on position. i replaced it promptly with teh switch provided.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts