TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Tokico HPK221 kit on my car for a few weeks now and took some measurements. I only dropped 1/2" in the front and no drop in the back.

I'm hoping it'll settle some since I just had the front end rebuilt with new arms, bushings, and endlinks. The rear I put new isolators, swaybar endlinks, and toe compensators.

Anyone use this kit and notice the same thing?

I'm expecting the 1 1/4" drop on all 4 corners as Tokico advertised.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I am pretty sure when I installed mine it was an obvious drop immediately, and it didn't settle as much as all four corners even out.

Just curious, but did you do the final assembly/tightening of some key components with the weight of the car on the suspension, mainly the lower shock mount in front and...I can't think of what in the rear would be an issue and depends on if you removed the entire lower arm or not. I did mine with the front end still up in the air and I think it wasn't as low as it was when I replaced the lower arms and tightened up the lower shock mount at ride height, however the new lower arms/shock mount didn't have serations like the old one did, so I assume it would have settled anyways.

I went from:

to

Maybe not a full 1.25 inches, but over an inch.

And Yes, it still isn't too good and Yes I need different sized tires, but gotta wear these out first.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I don't have any good pictures from the same vantage point before and after, and with the same light, but here are the two pictures similar sized and using the upper part of the side moulding as a reference, with a red line.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I did the 1.75 drop kit to my car. Immediately I noticed about .75 within the next 2 weeks it dropped to about 1.5 total. I added a bunch of weight in the trunk to get it to come down. You just have to break things in.
Alan

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went from Sport springs also. I work a Tech school, so I let the autoshop do my car as a suspension project. My lower arms are TRW and they did have the serrated shock mounts. Maybe there is a tightness in the bushings and they have to loosen up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts