TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post further down, but didn't seem to talk about the electronic controlled one. Anyone use this or seen it? Is it worth the extra bit of $$ for it? Shox quoted me for both, with and without and there's a ...eh, 150 or so difference.

So is it worth it?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Got a link to a little more information about it? Sounds like you're talking about the thread about putting a SC automatic ride control in an LX.

·
8,239 Posts
The electrical controlled one is for the supercoupe with the ride control option. It will not work with a lx. The tokico upgrade for the lx would be the illumnia shocks. These are exact same shocks as tokico blues (which I have), except you can adjust the dampening with five settings. You adjust them manually out side of the car. IMHO, they are not worth the money, because they are basically five ways to make your car ride softer. The tokico blues are set in the "sport" setting, and I find them not to be harsh at all. They are just barely firmer than stock stuff.

JH

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the Tokico blues on the front of my '97, which has the sports suspension package. (almost 90,000 miles) About two weeks ago I had them taken off and a new set of Ford sports suspension shocks put on. The Ford shocks have less "bounce" when hitting dips on the open road. It's a noticable difference.

Eddie

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh, so in other words, dont bother, just get the reg. kit? :D

That answers my question ...and cuts about 250 back into budget for other stuff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Regular vs. Sport Suspension

I had a '93 T-Bird and a '97 T-Bird - both 3.8 LXs with the "regular" suspension. There's a hell of a difference between the '96 & '97 Sports suspension and the regular suspension. Just check out the spring rating difference between a "regular" LX and one with the Sports suspension option. These spring ratings are listed over at the MN-12 performance Web site.

Basically, the Sports suspension is like the '89 - '95 SC suspension - but the Sports shocks do not have the electronic firm and soft adjustment.

Eddie

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
If that puts an extra $250 back into your budget, give Dennis a call or an email at www.reinhartautomotive.com and talk to him about a chip. Dennis chip, always a wonderful thing. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts