TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Even if you don't go the Ebay route, www.shox.com has the same item for $259.00. You'll find a few guys on here who run those . Better than KYB, but not as good as Koni.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On shox.com the same item is $449. The item for $259 is just shocks/struts only- no springs. Ebay link is shocks/struts only too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The pn for the kit is hpk221. I am about to buy this kit tonight. The best price I came up with is from "yoparts.com." $360+24 for shipping. Never ordered from them before, I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I definately want the springs with it...

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I just bought new Koni's for $515 shipped.

:)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i don't like the cut springs as for the shocks i feel that if i am changing everything else i might as well do new shocks i want them the same all the way around, plus if this car blew out the stock shocks and the kybs then it must at least have been hard on the konis i would be fine wit loni adjutable alltea around with some other springs just assessing my options

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,597 Posts
The stock shocks and KYB's blew out because they arent designed to be used on a lowered car with the higher spring rate. Koni's last for a very long time because they are set up for that in mind ;)

Tokico shocks wear out fast btw, even with their own springs.

·
Registered
917 Posts
i noticed the koni's only say they allow for a 35mm drop but the ST springs i looked at are a 40mm drop. would that cause a blow out?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
well i don't like the cut springs
What don't you like about the cut springs? (Too stiff, my guess)

I'm thinking about this; yours are sport springs, right?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Why would you downgrade koni's to tokico garbage?

And I have tokicos, they are garbage.
Guess it's all a matter of opinion. I love my Tokico Blues. Found the Koni's to be harsh and had poor damping in hard cornering after just 2 or 3 corners. Maybe I had a bad set. Don't know anything about the springs though.

Brad

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What don't you like about the cut springs? (Too stiff, my guess)

I'm thinking about this; yours are sport springs, right?
too stiff, too low for day - to - day use...bouncey in weird ways, if I hit the gas just right, for some reason, I get wheel hop out of the front drivers side wheel...I don't know if that's messed up spring rates or what

·
Registered
917 Posts
how do you get wheel hop from a front wheel

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how do you get wheel hop from a front wheel
no it's weird, the wheel will lift off the ground for a second...it DOES feel like FWD wheel hop...I don't know what the issue is...could be that not all springs where cut exactly the same or something I don't know...

·
Registered
9 Posts
The pn for the kit is hpk221. I am about to buy this kit tonight. The best price I came up with is from "yoparts.com." $360+24 for shipping. Never ordered from them before, I'll let you know how it goes.
Well, did you get the kit yet? I'm pretty sure I want to run this setup on my Mark8. The price it pretty good, thoughts please ;-)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
Guess it's all a matter of opinion. I love my Tokico Blues. Found the Koni's to be harsh and had poor damping in hard cornering after just 2 or 3 corners. Maybe I had a bad set. Don't know anything about the springs though.

Brad
I concur on that one my Ebach springs and Tokico blues work great on my bird :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts