TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, tomorrow is the day........... My mother is buying the bird off of me. She was the original owner, and after the car sat for almost 3 years I bought it off of her and did a good amount of work to it. It proved itself to be a fun, comfortable, reliable car which I absolutely loved.

After our 3rd child was born I had to buy something else that could handle all iof us. I have a 98 Windstar(3.8) that my wife drives, and I have a 01 Sable Wagon(duratec) so the Tbird has been sitting since Feb. It'll be a sad day but at least I know it's still in the family and I know my mother will get use out of it............ and I'm sure I'll still be the one maintaining it.

A little tribute to it

When it came home to me....... not running

Intake swap to fix the pissing coolant..

After it was put on the road

SNOW!

Sport rims painted black and tint done

My Sable that I drive now

I have a feeling that wont be the last time I will own a Tbird. I love these cars and will keep lingering around. Thanks to all that have helped me with bringing this car back to life!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Wow.. Those SC rims look GREAT on the wagon!

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Wow! What is this? The year to sell your Bird?

I've see more long time members giving it up this year than I care to count. :(

At least you're keeping it in the family.

·
Administrator
8,011 Posts
Stay in touch John. Maybe once the kids get a little older you can buy it back! :D

Joe

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I like the sc wheels on the wagon also

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. My parents are going through money issues now so this is the least I can do to help out, cause they needed a car. Unfortunately the Bird has been sitting completely unused for about 5 months now and I couldnt fit 3 carseats across the rear seat, especially with the infant seat and how huge they are now. I dont use my car as a primary car but it's a "what if" car. "What if" the van breaks down(which isnt all that unlikely cause I've been having problems with that lately)....... then we use the wagon. I have a company van for work so my car isnt a primary car. This morning the wagon decided to puke up about 1/2-1 qt of trans fluid so I have to look at that now. It never ends

Either way, I have a feeling I will be back in a Tbird sooner or later....... but for the time being, where the Tbird sat is going to be filled with a boat :D I just have to get it here.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
sousa632 said:
I couldnt fit 3 carseats across the rear seat.

You've been busy huh?..lol

Good thinking...I think you need a bigger vehicle for your growing family too..

At least the Bird is staying in the family.. :)

Rayo...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:uppoint:

Well she's gone. My parents came and picked her up a couple hours ago. I'm happy though cause I was able to help out my parents. My mother was thrilled as hell cause their truck had no AC(for almost 4 years now) and with the 90-110* weather we've had all summer long it's nice to have functioning AC. It's good that it's still in the family. Maybe when she gets tired of it I'll buy it back, rip it apart and let the fun begin. Or I'll just look for a 97 and start with that..... I'm sure the wife would LOVE that one :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts