TCCoA Forums banner

How to deal with dead engine

• Rebuild current engine (95 4.6 V8, 60K)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • replacement engine?

Votes: 6 85.7%

Tons Of White Smoke, Now What?

763 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mn12xr7 
#1 ·
:xpcry:

My little brother (Tx_Cat) screwed up his car, chitloads of white smoke comes out of the tailpipes. After routine diagnostics (very think oil on dispstick, smell of antifreeze everywhere) I came to the conclusion that a head gasket (or both) decided to quit on him.

So now, question is:

a) rebuild current engine?

b) replace engine?

:(

Is it even worth considering an engine rebuild? This is a stock 95 cougar 4.6 V8 with 60K at the time of meltdown. If a replacement engine is considered, which one?
02 explorer engine comes to mind, if someone can chime in, it will be greately appreciated it.

Thanks for the replies.

JC
El Paso TX

See less See more
#3 ·
mark 8 swap....02 xplorer motor...gt motor....your pick....just get a diffrent engine in there...i myself would lean towards the Aluminum explorer/mountaineer swap

#5 ·
JURGEN:

Yeah he told me he talked to you. Im just trying to find the fastest way to get him back on the road. I might swap a 96 engine in there and get rid of the car altogether. Never have we had such bad luck with a Ford.

JoeyICU:

Thanks for the suggestions, dont think we wanna drop so much money and effort into putting a 4V on that car, besides, I have my MK to get my fix :D

mn12xr7:

Im right across Montwood HS, Tx_Cat is my little bro, hence the double post; I just wanna get him on the road ASAP so that I dont have to play choffeur for long...

:rolleyes:

Thanks to all guys,

JC
El Paso TX

#6 ·
mn12xr7:

Im right across Montwood HS, Tx_Cat is my little bro, hence the double post; I just wanna get him on the road ASAP so that I dont have to play choffeur for long...

:rolleyes:

Thanks to all guys,

JC
El Paso TX [/B]
Thats the love of a brother :D.. Can't beat that uh?:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.