Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a vac leak, fixed it.
it was reading lean,
now the code is reading too rich.

p1443 manf. control aux emission
p0420 cat. below threshold
p0430 cat. below threshold
p0172 system too rich

it was saying that both sides were lean, now one is rich.
i have no idle problems or anything, it runs perfectly fine
oh and i have a short ram air intake, could this be affecting this in anyway?
ive cleaned the iac and the maf
02 sensors maybe?
i am pretty sure a cat conv. is dead, i hear a rattle sometimes.
ive worn the search button out like a cheap whore.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Did you reset the ECU after you fixed the leak?

·
5,650 Posts
i reset the codes with the code reader, but i physically havent disconnected the batt.
You might want to try resetting the computer by cutting it's power so that the computer can relearn all the engine's operating parameters. Clearing the codes doesn't do this. The fuel trim tables and everything is established such that it was compensating for the vacuum leak. Now that it's fixed, my guess is that the fuel trim tables are still the same but it's got less air (because the vacuum leak was fixed) and is now running rich.

P1443 is a common code on these cars. It's usually the result of either an emissions line from the intake manifold to the charcoal canister that is leaking/broken or the purge flow sensor has gone bad.

And if you have a broken up catalytic converter, you will do much more harm than good driving your car like that. If it breaks up enough to where it starts clogging your exhaust, you will lose a lot of power and run the risk of damaging the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.