TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started up the bird and gave it a lil run last night. Damn it felt good.. It still needs retuned but after driving my small SVT contour this car is just damn! Sorry I just needed to let everyone know the car is ****ing great :) heheh ok im done

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Same here. I've been driving a Grand Am for the past month. Got the cougar out new year's eve. Went to a party...had to start off the new year (noon when I got up) on a good foot :D

Joe

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Id love to get behind the wheel of a t-bird again. I bet it would feel great compared to the boats i drive now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
KrAzyT said:
I started up the bird and gave it a lil run last night. Damn it felt good.. It still needs retuned but after driving my small SVT contour this car is just damn! Sorry I just needed to let everyone know the car is ****ing great :) heheh ok im done
i thought those svt contours were supposed to be decently quick?

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I can't wait to get the XR7 out on the road again this spring. Not only will it feel quick in comparison to the splitport LX (daily driver), but it will actually be quicker than when I parked it a month ago (doing a few mods this winter). :D

Only a couple more months. :(

-Rod

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I can't wait to get mine running again. It'll be quicker and more reliable :) Down with winter!

-Melon

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Yeah I have my bird in storage, I took her out yesterday for the first time in a couple of months, We’ve been haven some warm weather so it was the perfect time to let her run for a little bit and take a drive around the block. Yup miss driving her too.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I was just feeling the same way about a week ago in my not smoking thread. I've been driving my Tracer LTS for a while because it gets better MPG. The LTS is quick, really. But I got back in the T'Bird for a week or so (she's been sitting at my Dad's), D**N it felt good. I Hit the key, she fired up and the exhaust rumble let me know I was back in a "Real" car. Even the neighbors were glad to see her back home :D . But, I just retired her back to the driveway. Probably now till spring. I'm set up with the Tracer for winter driving (studded tires on all four).

·
8,239 Posts
ha i was just staring at the ecu for my tbird thinking to myself when the hell is spring going to come.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
hey at least your guy's cars run ! you know what i would give to hop in the kitty and go for a spin? i am laying the dash into the bird this week for sure so , i will be that much closer to keep the new motor started in the cat .

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
jk89cat said:
hey at least your guy's cars run ! you know what i would give to hop in the kitty and go for a spin? i am laying the dash into the bird this week for sure so , i will be that much closer to keep the new motor started in the cat .
Don't feel bad - my engine is out of my 'Bird right now. It's in the process of getting rebuilt. After blowing headgaskets last spring, I decided to just rebuild the whole thing. The shortblock should be done pretty quick.. the cam is here.. just haveta get the heads finished up and then start putting it back together and back in the car :D

-Melon

·
Registered
292 Posts
I swapped my snow tires on tonight, since I'm up here in good ol' Maine for a while. I went out on I-95 to road test it, and it broke the tires loose at 40 mph (skinny 15's). This thing runs great in the cold air. I just can't wait for Spring, so I can not worry about snow again. I've been driving my wife's Intrepid most of the time, which, while it is plenty fast, just doesn't have the same feel as the bird.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I know what you mean. I am driving the LX now. Thats the good street car. However, I cant WAIT to get the SC back into the garage so I can add the t-body, top, clutch, luminum flywheel, and tranny, new SC, #60 injectors...Then the PI swap on the LX will git done with the Bullitt intake and better exhaust for the LX....*SIGH* What a waste of money...only to upgrade from there.

Chris

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Mine has been up on jack stands for a month now for this Winters upgrades, and it is rough not taking it out on the weekends. I replaced the the front upper and lower control arms, and strut rod bushing so far. Pulled the trans and have the converter ready to go in to be restalled. Doing some work in the rear now, then will pull the front coil overs, and send them in for inspection. Once it is all back together, I will fab up some sub frame connectors and install them and a roll bar. By that time, I will be really suffering from Bird Withdrawals. I hope to be ready to rumble by March. The only good thing about Winter, is it gives us time to do stuff that we want to on the cars.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Al least yall have a winter.....

Its been hot here, but I've been to busy working on the 73 bird, to even think about my 95.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
do what I did, purchase a slightly neglected Mark VIII for a winter beater (already has a few dents and a slight bit of rust starting). :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts