TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2010 Lincoln MKT EcoBoost last week, and took it to the track tonight.
These cars weigh just barely shy of 5000lbs without driver.
Best pass of the night:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Not bad for a big boat that weighs as much as it does.

JL

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
The power of turbo at work. Thats actually a pretty impressive time right. Did you take out all the seats for some weight reduction. Maybe you can get it into 13s with just all the seats gone.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Thats awesome JL!!! I hear those little motors with the turbo's really haul. I'd love to have one of the new Taurus sedans with one.

Great times for a barge!!! LOL

Have you tweaked it at all yet?

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The power of turbo at work. Thats actually a pretty impressive time right. Did you take out all the seats for some weight reduction. Maybe you can get it into 13s with just all the seats gone.
No, I'm not pulling anything out of this car. It still has my granddaughter's carseat in it,and I had a big box of CD's in the back that I've been loading into the onboard jukebox. I don't think it'll run 13's stock. About the best I've seen out of comparable vehicles has been a 14.20.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty crazy they weigh that much and still manage that kind of acceleration. What kind of real world mileage does it get?
I'm getting an running total average right now of almost 21mpg over the last 1600 miles. If you can keep it under 70mph, it'll get nearly 26 on the highway.

JL

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tweaked it at all yet?
Nope, it as stock as they come.
It's not getting anything done to the tune until I'm certain that the powertrain is solid with no defects...probably 30-40K miles.
JL

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
It's not getting anything done to the tune until I'm certain that the powertrain is solid with no defects...probably 30-40K miles.
JL
Yeah, that would be a good idea. But it should definately benefit from some tuning later on. Thats awesome in a commuter, daily driver rig.

Congrats!

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that would be a good idea. But it should definately benefit from some tuning later on. Thats awesome in a commuter, daily driver rig.

Congrats!
Tuning alone will get them to the mid-low 13's in good weather.
JL

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,520 Posts
Now that's a beast of a machine right there. It's interesting to see that Ford has them so conservatively tuned.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
:thumbsup: There is going to be a " EcoBoost" in my future ! At some point, I love there engineering of this power-plant:cool: Hope that the turbos will hold up to years of use ;)

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
That is pretty impressive time for a heavy vehicle. Well done!

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
JL
That's been my delay as well. Not wanting to take any chances with losing the warranty. Good times nonetheless!

I think the Ecoboost aftermarket may be growing ever so slightly. LMS currently has a set of heads their working on, and claim there's lots of room for improvement.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Good times JL. I just bought an ecoboost f150 and love it. I am with you on the tuning / modifying aspect. I'm going to wait until the warranty expires before touching it.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good times JL. I just bought an ecoboost f150 and love it. I am with you on the tuning / modifying aspect. I'm going to wait until the warranty expires before touching it.
There was a crewcab Lariat Ecoboost F150 out there last Friday, and it was running sub 15 second times. I think it was 14.70's. This little engine is amazing. The truck EcoBoosts are TiVCT where the car EcoBoosts are intake VCT only, and the truck engine uses larger turbos.
JL

·
3,868 Posts
There was a crewcab Lariat Ecoboost F150 out there last Friday, and it was running sub 15 second times. I think it was 14.70's. This little engine is amazing. The truck EcoBoosts are TiVCT where the car EcoBoosts are intake VCT only, and the truck engine uses larger turbos.
JL
Dont these engine have a 4.0 capacity? I see another successful generation of upgrades for this engine family down the line. Basically a lot more power and economy yet to be explored.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dont these engine have a 4.0 capacity? I see another successful generation of upgrades for this engine family down the line. Basically a lot more power and economy yet to be explored.
Yes, they have an official "design" capacity of 4.0L....not to say the aftermarket couldn't get a bit more displacement out of it.
JL

·
3,868 Posts
I have a lot to learn before I understand a 4.6 sohc really well, as in every part in it. In that time Ill be keeping up on those engines and their progress too so I can do what I want with it really. I think a small car with an eco boost would be my hot rod.

But then again I like the idea of putting it in a heavy car too. Im thinking early 80s panther body on a modded 2010 panther chassis. I dont even know if that can be done but Im crazy/stupid enough to try more than once. It would be totally sleeper if you could clear a hood.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts