TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody back into my front turn signal driverside l ense cracked it is this difficult to get to or just like a philips screw driver going to a junkyard later to pick up a used one wasn't sure what to bring as I have not even looked on car to see other wise..i wouldn't even ask

·
Registered
584 Posts
Easy, from under the hood are two bolts on the inner side of each, and one alignment pin. Undo the bolts, unscrew the light plug and it'll pop right out.

I bought new ones on eBay since I doubt the junkyard will have non faded ones... who knows.

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
If memory serves, the nuts on those two studs require a 11mm wrench or socket.

·
Super Moderator
5,121 Posts
If memory serves, the nuts on those two studs require a 11mm wrench or socket.
That's my memory also.

It may be helpful to use either an open end, ratcheting box end, or a through socket for one of them IIRC. Seems like it's rather difficult to get in there for one with a deep throat socket and a ratchet.

Also, I'd remove the headlamps first (to get room to GET to the dang nuts) IIRC.

It's been years since I've touched one, though; last time on Ruby Jean was when an Explorer tried to turn left in front of my wife and I had to repair the front end of Ruby.

RwP

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
No need to pull the headlight. It really isn't difficult to get to those two nuts. R&R takes only a couple minutes.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I pulled both of mine last week and they are easy to get to with a 1/4" extended socket and socket wrench.

Neither of the corner lamps had the screw on the screw thread bolt. Just the two 11mm bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts