TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m building a 4.6L that’s gonna be a 5.0 stroker and I’m looking into top end kits. I am planning on putting Trickflow heads on it but I’m not sure what to do in terms of intake and throttle body I’ve looked into the edelbrock victor JR intake manifold but I’ve seen a some people say that you lose low end power with it. I’m planning on staying N/A for now and don’t know how beneficial it would be.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I’m building a 4.6L that’s gonna be a 5.0 stroker and I’m looking into top end kits. I am planning on putting Trickflow heads on it but I’m not sure what to do in terms of intake and throttle body I’ve looked into the edelbrock victor JR intake manifold but I’ve seen a some people say that you lose low end power with it. I’m planning on staying N/A for now and don’t know how beneficial it would be.
If you don't mind my asking, what was the desired end result of doing a 5.0 stroker setup? Is there an automatic behind this engine? 5-speed? Which cams?

Unless I'm mistaken, Trick Flow does sell a Bullitt-ish intake manifold for the 4.6, or at the very least, a PI intake would make for a nice, torque-ish manifold (TF likes this manifold for their heads anyway for a street driver).

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
784 Posts
If you want to make more power N/A, you have to be willing to run more RPM. You just need gears and a convertor to match it. Plus the extra cubes will help torque a bit as well.

Also your intake needs to run a similar power band to the cams you choose.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't mind my asking, what was the desired end result of doing a 5.0 stroker setup? Is there an automatic behind this engine? 5-speed? Which cams?

Unless I'm mistaken, Trick Flow does sell a Bullitt-ish intake manifold for the 4.6, or at the very least, a PI intake would make for a nice, torque-ish manifold (TF likes this manifold for their heads anyway for a street driver).
The 5.0 stroker is cheaper then getting forged 4.6 internals from what I was able to find plus if I decide to boost it down the line the 5.0 stroker pays off. The trans is a TCI 6 speed automatic and I’m going with stage 2 NA MHS cams

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Is it the eagle 16424020 kit? Thats an unbalanced kit. Itll have to get fully balanced by a machine shop. Thatll cost almost a grand to do. Atleast the shop by me charges that. And that would eat up the price difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts