TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Yes, you can install a Roots blower on a 4.6L. Installing one from a 3.8 SC would not be easy and expensive. If you want a Roots kit then look at the AED, Sally-een (saleen), Kenne Bell (soon) and SVO kits for the 4.6.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam dude is that ur car??? where can i find links to these root blowers for 4.6l, is it easy to put them on? 50state legal?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AED looks "interesting", how long do those things last, and what kinda belt would i need to make that fit

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to do this AED SC, do i need to have forged internals? or any hi po parts? 6 and 9 psi which would i want

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
You don't need forged internals with the AED kit but it would be a good thing to do when adding any type of forced induction to a stock motor. Read the articles in the tech section regarding the AED kit install for more info. A bunch of guy's run them here without any issues other then the fact that the Alt is backwards. I would start with the 6 PSI pulley.

-Scott

·
Registered
159 Posts
When I ordered the 9psi kit from allen they said that I may blow my motor. Running 6psi on a stock motor is fine, 9 is really pushing it. My motor is still stock no PI heads nothing. When I blow it I'll have it rebuilt from the ground up, stronger then ever.:D But until then I'll press my luck!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya allen blowers are mucho $$$$$$, say on a lightly mod-med modded 4.6 what hp increase and torque would i be lookin at?

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Just do like i did find a guy with a mustang thats upgrading and get his old 4.6
You "can" use a Vortec or a paxton blower but I would say the vortec is the better bet after doing mine.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
with the Allen root blower how much MPG would i look into loosing, ppl are telling me i could loose 10mph etc.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well then what would be good for me!! i want to walk a z28 thats my goal at this point. and still get a good, ya GOOD MPG i want over 20 on the highway fo sure

·
Registered
620 Posts
In this case you will not be able to walk a z28 and get good mpg. Just aint gonna happen (Or at least I don't think so). Sorry

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jurgan im selling the 5.0 and hope to find me a decent 96 4.6l so ill pimp with the 96 unless i can find a really good 5.0

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
ITHURTZ said:
well then what would be good for me!! i want to walk a z28 thats my goal at this point. and still get a good, ya GOOD MPG i want over 20 on the highway fo sure
Try a Turbo? The power comes off of the exhaust gases, which are basically doing nothing anyway! A supercharger uses a belt driven off of the engine. Of course, anytime you put your foot into it to beat a Z28, you're going to use lots of GAS!!!:D

By the way, good luck in your quest and let us know when you kick Z28 A**!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts