TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.torktech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2

now I am in no way advertising for them but I found this website yesterday with my friend who has a 2001 mustang gt I really liked the design, I know the roots blower is very inefficient but you get more power at lower rpms and you also can use a roots blower when you want. Any way I thought you guys might find it intersting and with a new hood and a few other mods I am sure it would work for us too.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not just the intercooling but I am pretty sure you could get this thing ported and it would blow even more boost, I just thought you guys might like knowing of another SC out there. Especially since it has a chance to make more Hp at lower rpms than the aed.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Looks pretty good.

Options are nice.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
why are root type s/c not as good
I don't think that is a completely acurate statement. Roots, twin screw, centifugal all have their pluses and minuses. Roots tend to make more heat for a given psi but they have more low end cfm output. Also if you notice every OEM production car I am aware of uses roots for their durable qualities. Even the 1964 vehicle in my avatar has a roots blower

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I don't think that is a completely acurate statement. Roots, twin screw, centifugal all have their pluses and minuses. Roots tend to make more heat for a given psi but they have more low end cfm output. Also if you notice every OEM production car I am aware of uses roots for their durable qualities
What he said.

There are definitely pro's and con's to each technology. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I know who is behind Tork Tech and you won't probably find a better product for these cars.

Where can you find a new AED nowadays by the way?

Darrin

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You will notice that at the top of that web page there is a note saying the business is for sale.

Try calling the customer service number and you will find that it is disconnected.

Folks, AED is out of business.

Oh, and I asked Bill if it was ok to let people know that he was part of Tork Tech and he said ok. Bill Evanoff or Supercoupe Performance is who will answer the phone if you call the number for Tork Tech. Bill is a great guy and that is a great product that he is offering.

Darrin

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You will notice that at the top of that web page there is a note saying the business is for sale.

Try calling the customer service number and you will find that it is disconnected.

Folks, AED is out of business.

Oh, and I asked Bill if it was ok to let people know that he was part of Tork Tech and he said ok. Bill Evanoff or Supercoupe Performance is who will answer the phone if you call the number for Tork Tech. Bill is a great guy and that is a great product that he is offering.

Darrin
I don't really think he is hiding it, he told me that they were working on this stuff when I bought a diff rebuild kit from him last week. :D I think I recall him saying that they were going to work on a bird/cougar kit, but I'm not positive.

He seemed like a nice enough guy to me.

-Rob

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I've seen a couple of these kits pop up on ebay. If the intercooler is decent, they should easily spank all of the M90 kits out there, no reason it can't make better than 400RWHP.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah Bill is awesome this great info to know.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I'd be interested in one of these for sure. Intercooled like an AED, but not bound by the small M90.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Oh, and after inspecting their website, you'll see there is a TVS upgrade option to all of their kits for one grand...

Oh, the possibilities :)

Pete

1 - 20 of 23 Posts