TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Oh man, you didn't just ask this. If you can delete it, do it quickly. You can send me the money for the Tornado thing, and I will send you back nothing, and you will see the same amount of gain as you would if you had installed the Tornado thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what i thought. Just wanted to know i didn't buy it. It was a guy at autozone that said it worked. I guess i should slap my self for asking lol:zbash:

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
Oh man, you didn't just ask this. If you can delete it, do it quickly. You can send me the money for the Tornado thing, and I will send you back nothing, and you will see the same amount of gain as you would if you had installed the Tornado thing.
Actually you'd see more of a loss with the Tornado thing...:uppoint:

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
I think that Tornado thing works about as good as that ummm Zmax stuff..........I think thats the stuff that is nothing but mineral oil

·
8,239 Posts
Well the box says up to 15 horsepower, so its an automatic 15-20. AT The Wheels!

Wow, I can feel the powa right now.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I got one of those for x-mas, it really did not make a difference. I felt bad that one of my family members actually spent money on that garbage. But its the thought that counts .... well actually not. Theoretically it makes you go slower because it adds weight to your car. ;)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
See why I told you to delete that first post? Actually, I am going to say this was a pretty tame exchange on the subject.

·
Registered
51 Posts
good thing i read this b4 wasting my money... me and a few friends were gonna give it a shot... damn tv info-mercials can brain wash you into believing anything... lol just like the special colored waxes that cover up those unsightly scratches in the paint... found it in my step dads garage the only thing that turned black was the cloth... lol oh well

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Hey Dr, I think you will find the stainless O-maf to be even more effective.
More power and the finish goes better with the hoses. However it does require cowl hood!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Lee, I can see why you would be confused. It makes a lot of sence to make the air spin. You can theoretically move more air that way. Flush the toilet and watch the water. It goes faster moving in a circle then stright down (velocity). On paper the thing works. However. At what point does your car move enough air that it actually becomes a restriction, and what point do the aftermarket bolt ons make it work the best. I wondered about it and was gonna look for one on a garage sale and take it to a Dyno. That was years ago and now I have lost interest. If they were such a great deal...You would see them for sale in Hot Rod, Car Craft, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Thunderbirds, and 5.0. My advise to you, go with what others know. DONT DO IT!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Take the money that you're going to spend on the Tornado and do this, you'd probably gain more horsepower anyways:

1) Buy a piece of plywood and a few 2x4's.
2) Make a little standing area, and attach it to your bumper, so you have pieces of wood standing out of the front of the car.
3) Hire an illegal to stand in front of your car, while you drive, for 2 bucks an hour.
4) Have him put his lungs to good use by standing on the 'standing area', and blowing air onto the front of the car.

I know, I give some damn good advice.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You guys are so mean............but it does make you laugh.................Think about the guy sitting back and collecting the money for these............That is a smart guy making all that money by selling a false product...or is it just dishonest...he dont care cause the money keeps FLOWING in faster ans faster.............

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:

You should be slapped for going to autozone.
I'd rather go to autozone for free code reading and be slapped than go to a shop, pay 60 bucks, and be raped
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 27 Posts