TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to put a set of torq thrust 2 on my thunderbird but am running into problems of backspacing. I know that michael marks had a set on his thunderbird, but everyone is telling me that they won't fit. If you guys could help me, I would most appreciative. I am going to purchase 18x8 torq thrust 2, with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern. I know they fit, I just need some help. Tim

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Have you seen the pics from the front? his front tire stuck a noticeable amount past his fender.

Perhaps you would be better off with some bullitt replicas, as they have about the same style, and you can get them in our pattern and damn close in offset.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Those would have fit perfectly on the front if they had cleared the Cobra calipers. I had to use a 1/4" spacer on the fronts. 1/4" is exactly how far they protruded past the fender.

The 18x9.5 with the same 28mm offset would fit fine. The 18's should clear Cobra calipers.

I do agree that a bolt pattern conversion is really not neccessary since the Bullitt's are close enough to the TT2 look and come in the proper bolt circle.

{It looks like more than 1/4" but using a straight edge and a ruler came up exactly 1/4"}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts