TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a torque converter shudder that ive had since i got the car. I changed the fluid once in school and it solved the shudder problem for alittle bit. When i got the new motor in, it was ok for a few weeks, but i drove around 5 friends one night and it started to shudder again. I dont have the time to change the torque converter yet, and i plan on putting a stall converter in when i do, but can i change the fluid again to hold it over until then? Im not sure how many times i can change it. Other than the shudder, i believe the transmission was rebuilt before. The front pump looks almost brand new and it shifts fine. I know i shouldve changed the converter when i was in there, but i ran out of cash and patience.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and again, as in most of my posts, i didnt realize we had a special section for torque converters

·
Registered
850 Posts
This has actually worked for some: (as a last resort)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Do you think that is same stuff you put as an additive to traction lock differentials to stop clutch chatter? All the posi additive does is make the clutches clip more to eliminate the chatter.

Isn't the shudder felt from a torque converter the same principle as rear end clutch "chatter"? So that little tube is probably the same stuff to make the clutch material "slip" a little more, eliminating the shudder.

Doesn't sound like it would be too good for the other clutches in the transmission, does it? Probably makes the transmission shift a lot "smoother" though, huh?

Makes sense to me. How about you all?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts