TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear all the reports of how much more upper RPM HP the PI intake adds but what about low end torque? Does it add any torque? I do 98% of my driving at 4000rpm's or less so I am looking for some low end power increase. I know that when they redesigned the intakes for the 1996 and up torque went up too approx. 15ft lbs.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
This is a comparison of a stock engine then the same car with the addition of the PI cams and intake. Pretty much a wash until 3600 or so, but a huge difference the rest of the way.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
along with what KD said, you'd be better off getting a chip/flash for premium fuel along with a 180* Tstat and sooner fan turn-on settings......this will allow a whole lot more spark advance in the lower RPMs and you'll definitely feel it.....that along with the removal of spark-tip-in-retard, will get get your car up and moving a lot easier

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Damn KD, that looks nearly identical to my after sheet on the 98 intake and cam swapped car. We were able to get almost 220rwhp out of it up at Modular Depot, but the numbers and curve are nearly identical.
Darrin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts