TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here knows if this application is comparable with my 94 Cougar. Thanks on advanced for your help.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I been told that my 94 Cougar is OBD 2 but last week I took it to Autozone they plug it in there scanner and it didn't work. That was weird. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know I still l scratching my head, maybe the scanner at Autozone is no good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Check the OBD fuse under the dash.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm about to purchase and give it a try.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got the adapter from ebay $10 yesterday and bought the program $5 then tried it on my 02 grand cherokee. It was fairly accurate from what I could tell but I only had 10 minutes to mess around with it. Ill get some time tomorrow to really see what its all about. But so far Id say it was a good $15 investment

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I bought one of these awhile back, used it a few times, then the "newness" wore off for me and it's been in a drawer since... :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I been told that my 94 Cougar is OBD 2 but last week I took it to Autozone they plug it in there scanner and it didn't work. That was weird. :(
Did you actually see them plug it in? Most cars have the port under the drivers side of the dash, I always have to tell people it's on the passenger side. The last time I had the yearly inspection done they had to go through a few adapters to find the right one as well.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
All tbirds 94 and newer with v8 are obd there is no adapters ob2 ports have to all be them same, just very few cars have them on passenger side

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
All tbirds 94 and newer with v8 are obd there is no adapters ob2 ports have to all be them same, just very few cars have them on passenger side
The port is the same size, but they had to figure out what adapters to use to hook it to the machine, went through about 4 before they found one that connected. For just reading error codes that probably won't be an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one of the cheap ODB-II bluetooth scanners and use it with Torque Pro on my android phone everytime i drive my 97 Bird anywhere. Keeps log files and lets you set up some sweet custom gauges. Even monitor your Trans Temp, air intake temp, TC slip. It's pretty sweet. App and scanner cost me less then $20. And I was not expecting it to work so well. The only problem I had was the power from the battery on my ODB-II connector was broken.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have an ELM327 and Torque on my phone and it's pretty good....... however being we are all Ford people here if you have a laptop that has bluetooth you can download ForScan. It's a great program that has a LOT more to it. http://www.forscan.org/ I just used it on my 96. Best part is ForScan is free and has what a lot of pay programs have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts