TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says Im looking for some help here because I stripped a nut trying to reach the torque specs for the stock strut. I have monroe quick struts and monroe shocks in the back. So has anyone experienced this install and have the torque specs, for the top nuts in the front and the top nut in the rear? Im really hoping someone can shed some light on this. I wish those things came with proper directions.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
god im stupid but ive found one of my answers

I have found the torque spec for the front struts but still cant find how much to torque the top nut on the rear monroe struts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just like the title says Im looking for some help here because I stripped a nut trying to reach the torque specs for the stock strut. I have monroe quick struts and monroe shocks in the back. So has anyone experienced this install and have the torque specs, for the top nuts in the front and the top nut in the rear? Im really hoping someone can shed some light on this. I wish those things came with proper directions.
what do you think of the ride with the Monroe Quik Struts?

someone else in this forum complained that the car floated too much with the Quik Struts - but I think he had a V8 - mine's a V6

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have changed everything to new since then so its hard to say what the ride would be for you. But Quik struts are actually monroe sens-a-tracs on new stock springs. I have sens-a-tracs all around btw. I think with stock springs they are pretty good, much firmer than stock shocks. They arent Konis. If you want to be quick about changing your front shocks they are good for that. They come with new springs/spring isolators that a plus. If you use poly sway bar bushings and nothing else is falling apart you may like the ride, I do. I just wish I didnt buy the quik strut. Just buy the shocks and new spring isolators. With a 6 im not sure how different it would be. But if you look at the price of just the shocks themselves I think they are worth the price. Dont expect the world for them though, they do the job for me however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts