TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I'm confused as to whether this is a wanted ad or a question. Either way . . .

Have you checked out eBay or Harbor Freight? They usually have some cheaper torque wrenched on there. Also, the parts stores will sometimes run a special on them too. I think I picked up mine from my dad's CQ store when they were on sale for $30-ish. I know people say not to cheap out on a torque wrech, but for the work I've done (torquing down wheels, sealt bolts, etc.), it's been a wonderful tool. When I actually have the time, space, and money to invest in my project and tools I'll consider getting some good tools (Snap-On, Mac, whatever), but for now, that isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you are talking about the torque sticks that you put on an impact wrench - those are worthless and inaccurate.

If you are looking for a torque wrench - check out a local auto parts store for a cheaper one (got mine for $30), or Sears for a higher quality. Snap-On would be on the higher end.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
If you did hundreds of lug nut installs a day, a torque stick might be nice. All the places that I go to that use them also manually check them with a torque wrench.

www.torquestick.com is one place to get them.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
The sears ones work good, only thing is after 2 uses the numbers on mine are already are wearing off very fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts