TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
..Getting started on my engine swap, should have it mostly done Tuesday, then its paint time. Since its a NA V6, Im giving up on the fast aspect, so im going to do some wild paint scheme to make it look neat. I love having access to a body shop.
I just wish my truck was a bit bigger, that thing is heavy!

(i know its loaded wrong)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its a 4.6 auto with 3.08 gears. Only mods are a true dual Magnaflow exhaust and tranny cooler. Not a towing machine, but as long as you arent trying to win any stoplight races and you leave the OD off, you will be fine. The worst part is the short wheelbase, that heavy of a load can move you around some. I had it loaded wrong because it was on my carport that way, so I just winched it up on the trailer for the short trip to the shop.
I have used this truck to tow a pontiac 6000 on a uhaul flatbed over 300 miles. Only noticed it in the hills.

·
Registered
493 Posts
GAH THAT COLOR!!!

I swear.
I have a 94 V6 that color (electric current red?)... and there's at least 20 around here the EXACT same (mine seems to be the only one thats actually loaded w/ all options and taken care of) color and rims. Maybe 4 or 5 ones with different colors.

meh. I'm gonna go get a can of Krylon and paint it black.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That color will be the base for my wild paint, there are a billion of em that color, so I have to make mine different. I just dont know what I want to do yet, flames or some kind of other design. I was thinking a Tbird emblem on the hood with the wings carrying over to the fenders and maybe door with the flames coming out of it would be cool. I just dont know what colors to use with it.
Anybody good with photoshop?:)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine swap is later on down the road. I allready bought a running 3.8 with auto trans for 150 bucks. Car was a trade, cost me 100 bucks. So I have about 350 bucks in it right now, not including towing it from texas. I used my bro in laws chebby for that,:( After paint (at cost doing it myself) I should have less than 1000 bucks invested. Maybe by that time, I will have talked my father in law into selling me his 89 Lincoln LSC for a donor car..........

·
Registered
238 Posts
I you load the car the other direction and put more tongue weight on the truck it will tow better. I can not remember what the ideal tounge weight is 300+ lbs or 10% of tow weight ?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yeah think of how the ford F-150 halls that bird....then think of an 81 C100 305 chevy pickup that hauled my freinds 4.6 in the bed......and his car on a dolly in back of him...the thing barly got up hills at all......we did this the other day...wish i had gotten pics....

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I didnt have enough tounge weight, even though half the engine is in the trunk. :) But the broken down car was nose first under my carport, and I was going a short distance so I did it the easy way and drove slow. Hopefully it doesnt go anywhere else unless its self powered:D

·
The Parts Guy
7,274 Posts
This is the way we do it :D

02 Chevy 2500 HD w/6.0L, 4.10 gears, towing package, and trailer brakes. The car was going to its first dyno session in this pic. :)

-Rod

1 - 13 of 13 Posts