TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what everyones favorite toys of the past where? I LOVED my constructs (spl?)! i built so many robots, and pistols, and heavy machine guns with turrects, and planes, and weapons that really fire stuff too. I also had these yellow pipes with orange panels and with lil c-clips that i loved. they were big enough to build stuff you could actually sit in. i built the knight rider car and airwolf a few times =)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I built some kick *** Lego stuff in my day. But I am going to throw out the MASK toys. Anyone remember that cartoon? I loved those toys.

·
Registered
946 Posts
GI Joe all the way. Nothing beat spending all day building forts and stuff using pillows, random household objects, and furniture! I'm talking the small poseable ones too, not the Ken dolls with fatigues....

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
LEGOS!!!!!!!!! I loved legos, and Lincoln logs!! anything that I could build.... Loved taking stuff apart too....

·
Registered
391 Posts
Lego (especially the technic) maniac, some lincoln logs a LONG time ago, and tinker toys, also: big cast toys, little cast toys - mostly farm equipment, a few cars but nothing special. We built some equipment to pull through the dirt too.

Once we got a computer and Internet, that was pretty much the end of those toys. Now I play with big toys :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
well if I must...

-Primarily Legos - I took over part of a spare bedroom with a lego city.
-Have a stash of lincoln logs (used to build a tower that was ~ 3 feet tall and knock it down with my RC cars)
-RC Cars - had 4 of em...one was a fully functional firetruck that I'd pick ornaments off the x-mas tree with (almost tipped the x-mas tree over once too..:) )
-K-nex - Kinda cool....I'd build cars and wreck them (run into walls or jump stuff). then analyze the forces put upon the vehicle and analyze life expectancies of the occupants of the vehicle (demented?)
-Steel Tech - Kinda cool but weak... Ok, I've still got a dune buggy that I built on my shelf in my room (THAT was pimp)
-DieCast cars - I had a pile of em.....
-BIG toys - playin in the dirt is fun! I did good cleaning the weeds outta the hedges
-Guns - yes, my red rider bb gun!

Tearin stuff apart is fun too. Anything that runs off electricity, I rip apart. Right now I've got a buttload of electric motors, 4 speakers, and some other stuff in a box for a rainy day. (tried making a helicopter, but couldn't get enough power from the motor to produce lift)

I need toys now! I plan on going off on a few things (snowmobile helmet for starters) with my airbrush. Hopefully by the time I get that done (been planning on doing it for 6 months now), I'll have something for a project sitting in my new 24' x 40' garage :)

-jw

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Lets see, Legos, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Star Wars.

MASK was cool too, but I only ever got the camaro.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Lincoln Logs!! Hot Wheels oh my god did I have some hot wheels. HEHE still do. love them little cars got me a collection of all the T-birds I can find. If I see it I own it. What about superman that you could streach out all sick. I remember my sister and I broke mine tore the poor guys arms off. So much for being super.

GT

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thunderterd said:

OMFG I loved MASK!

flash back..............

My fav was Captain Power...

Wow I thought I was one of the few people who actually remembered Captain Power and the soldiers of the future. It sucks how the show was ended after only one season. From what I heard the toys weren't selling well enough so Mattel pulled the plug. It would be great to see that show again it actually had a decent story.

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
MASK was the shiznit, I loved that show, and the comics, and the toys, I have all of them somewhere in storage, maybe I should go find them and pull them out to play...But everyone is forgetting some of the most ultimate toys in the teenage mutant ninja turtles, comeon, who didn't play with those, or he-man, or transformers.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I also was a huge Lego fan.. in fact, I still have them.. they fill 2 40 gallon trash bins plus 2 footlockers.. I break them out occasionally when I'm feeling really bored and creative. :D

I used to have countless (I mean countless) numbers of action figures of all kinds.. Unfortunately many suffered horrible and disfiguring accidents....

-Jes

·
Registered
148 Posts
Legos, of course. I was big on Hot Wheels, Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too. My all-time favorite toy had to be my Knight Rider car though. I loved that thing so much, even though it only worked for a day. K.I.T.T. talked, and I decided to take it in the tub with me. Haha, that show was great. When I was looking for a new car, it was between those older Firebird/Trans Am models and Thundebirds. If I ever am loaded or rob a bank, I will recreate K.I.T.T. for myself. There is a club that trys to do replicas, they said if the computer buttons on the roof were put in, no one taller than 6'0 could fit. I'm 6'5...:(

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just Lego, building my own Luna Parc and Mack trucks (i can remember some photo's i took, maybe i will post them...lol..)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts