TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93-thunderbird LX 3.8
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 thunderbird nat-aspirated 3.8 here... Anybody know the exact voltage for this bird? Just put a new Tps sensor on... runs better, but still sputtering & stalling. The sensor doesn't have much play where the bolts go to adjust it. I know the SC is sitting at about 0.93V idle. Anybody know the voltage sweet spot for my car?

·
Registered
93-thunderbird LX 3.8
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure? Those are more like super coupe numbers. I just have the naturally aspirated el-ex model 3.8. All the auto stores couldn't help, and the 2 Ford dealerships in my county deleted everything that existed before the year 2000...

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,574 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the TPS voltage range for this platform is not specific to SC, NA, V6 or V8 applications. To be more generalized, it should be under 1V at idle, but not less than .75V. At WOT it should be at least 4.5V. There should be no spikes or dips in the voltage throughout the range - it should be a smooth, linear progression as the butterfly valve is opened.

The problems you're describing sound more like something that the MAF sensor would inpact, or if not done recently, even fresh plugs/wires/cap/rotor. Occasionally a bad ECT sensor can cause rough idling issues as well.

How does it run on the open road? Do you have the factory service manual for your car? If you plan on keeping the car for any length of time and doing the maintenance yourself, it will be a very worthwhile investment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts