TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone Im excited to say that I did a PI cam swap on my 96 Tbird. Im still waiting on my intake to come. Okay, now for my problem... I have a 75mm throttle that my buddy was trying to put on while I was doing the cams and he kinda stripped the head a little bit... I went to the part store to buy another one hoping it would have screws an i could just leave that old one on. The guy told me that I would provbably have to get the thread size and buy some new screws... Has anyone else had this problem before? What did you do, or what would you do?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah basicaly... I guess there wasnt no need for the long back story... I still want to use the old one if possible... Is there anyway I could safely get the old one out? Hey well thanks for te info!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah basicaly... I guess there wasnt no need for the long back story... I still want to use the old one if possible... Is there anyway I could safely get the old one out? Hey well thanks for te info!
u could use a dremel with a thin cut off disk to cut a gap across the head of the srew , and then use a flat head srew driver

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thats exactly what I did! And I'm still using it...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mine were taken off with an maual impact screwdriver. I had never seen anything like it but the shop had one. Put the TB in a vise and smacked it with the impact driver and the screw turned out. Must have been lock tight on the threads. I still don't agree with reusing old parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts