TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...quick question. I just bought a 94 LX that doesn't have trac-loc, but I have a 95 parts car with trac-loc. Can I swap the trac-loc from the 95 to the 94? The main reason I ask is because the 95 has discs in the rear and the 94 has drums. So my dad said it might be more complicated because they will have diffenerent hubs or axles or something like that. Any info is greatky appreciated. Thanks.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
i think so , I have a pumkin from a cobra . you should be ok !

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
similar question... i found a '90 SC. iirc, they are t/l 8.8. this should swap right into my 94, correct? what about the half-shafts?

·
Super Moderator
17,173 Posts
What if he was to just swap over the whole subframe?
You could, but its not at all worth the effort for a pumpkin swap.

similar question... i found a '90 SC. iirc, they are t/l 8.8. this should swap right into my 94, correct? what about the half-shafts?
Yup, direct swap.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
You could, but its not at all worth the effort for a pumpkin swap.

Oh I know it would be pointless for just the pumkin but the guy before me said to swap out the drums for the disks. Thats why I figured it might be easier to just swap it all out at once. It would also be a good time to see if any bushings need to be replaced. Plus he could clean up the rust and paint if he wanted. I wish I would of done that when I had the parts car.

·
Super Moderator
17,173 Posts
Even then I wouldnt do it. The subframe bolts like to snap or the nut inside the body likes to break on these when removing the subframe. The amount of effort involved in fixing that isnt worth it.

All you need for a drum to disc swap is the knuckles, flex lines, calipers and rotors, the knuckle assembly needs to be partially removed for a pumpkin swap anyway, so its pretty low effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts