TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tell you what... it's been a long time since NC/SC has had one of these.

I'm thinking sometime in July at the Rock. Three Saturdays are open.. the 24th is a special case.

July 10
July 24
July 31

July 24 is Fun Runs, but it's a Phantasm Motorsports night, so that will likely be clincher for crowded.. but with the amount of horsepower hanging around NC, could be some fun beating up on some imports.. some of them will probably be fast. I don't have much of a preference for any weekend, if anything, a slight inclination against the 24th.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
The 10th is good for me. It's to early to say about the 24th or the 31st.

I'm planning on going to zMax this Wednesday and the 7th of July if anyone is interested see this tread.

It would be fun to chew on some rice :D. Now, where'd I put the soy sauce? :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Bump.

Any other interests in any of these dates?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Depends when I will have the "Bird" back Ron I will be there for one of the dates to see now she does :) Nice being less than 100 miles to the southern tracks:zbounce:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's looking like the 10th is gonna be a go date, if the weather holds out. If we decide to go for another date, I'll probably take the mark viii.. so what kind of times/mph it can tear up going down the track... 100% bone stock, baby. Turbocoupe is making the trip, this time.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I plan on having the 95 bit there just for some shake down runs, I know the heat is gonna be a killer, but still be nice to turn some 11s hehe

Robert

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Ok, let's iron out some details.

I guess we'll meet at Rob's house.

What time?

According to the Rock website Gates Open at 6:00 Test and Tune Starts at 7:00

Is this AM or PM?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends on if we eat before hand or not :p If we're gonna eat, for example Outback, then I say meet there 5ish. Thinking to be at the track 6:45-7:00pm. Otherwise, Rob will have to chime in if the we meet at his place, but I say let's meet at 6.. leave by 6:30 so we can be there when they start running. If we're eating, we'll need a head count so we can call ahead and not have to wait for seating.

We're going to have to keep an eye on the weather.. been watching it all week and it's looking more and more like there may be thunderstorms that evening. Rockingham has the tendency to close gates at the breath of the possiblity of rain. Who knows, with it not being a simple test/tune with CarolinaRides.com being affiliated with the evening, there may be slightly more resistance to canceling the evening.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
It looks like DarrenP with CarolinaRides.com never got it set up? I sent an email to Rockingham earlier today asking for clarification. We'll see if I ever hear back from them ...

The event is listed on the Rockingham Website but that doesn't mean much. :zdunno:

I think the track is still planning on opening but I'm not leaving town on Saturday until I know for certain.

http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55568&page=2

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well we need to Be were ever we are eating by 5 and might need a call ahead if y'all want outback

Robert

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well.. it's starting to not look good for tomorrow. Probabilites for thunderstorms Saturday evening have shot up significantly over the past 24hrs. I called them and they said closing is still not likely. Looks like it's going to be a last minute call, kind of thing. Hopefully, tomorrow around noonish we'll be able to lock in what they're going to do a little more solid.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
I got a PM from John at Rockingham Dragway on my CarolinaRides account offering us a Trophy at no cost to us for those of us who run our Tbirds against each other Saturday Night.

I wrote him back and said we'd be interested.

Weather permitting ...

I also heard back about the schedule it's 6 PM until midnight.

·
Registered
605 Posts
So who's going to let me borrow some Tiers so I can win that Trophy. lol

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
So who's going to let me borrow some Tiers so I can win that Trophy. lol
I'd be happy to loan you my tires. Rob might have an extra set too. But you're gonna have to beat his new monster to win that trophy. Good luck with that! LOL

·
Registered
605 Posts
Lol i'll be happy with low 12s high 11's.. I"ll get him next year ;) saving up for my own monster now lol

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Well we need to Be were ever we are eating by 5 and might need a call ahead if y'all want outback

Robert
Let's plan on meeting at Robs at about 4 PM and then driving down to Outback in Rockingham at 4:30 or 4:40 so we can be sat down and eating by 5ish.

Track opens at 6 PM and runs start at 7 PM and go 'till midnight.

Accuweather is calling for thunderstorms in the area at 7 PM and partly sunny at 8 PM so, the weather's gonna be a crap shoot. Temps should be down into the 70's by 8 PM. Hopefully if it does rain they'll be able to dry the track so we can get some runs in.

Bring Video cameras and regular cameras if you got them I'd like to be able to put together a photo/video compilations.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
His house. We'll get directions to you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts