TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to brag about, but I had an opportunity to finally get to the track on short notice.

It was a rather warm summer day, so it was not the best of times and I had so little preparation, I hadn't prepared well enough to bring my tuning stuff with me so all we got to do was make a few passes and practice. ;)

It started out rather lacking with a 1.952 sixty foot and the 1/4 mile ET was 12.923 @ 107.11. We followed that with a 12.815 @ 108.98. The trap speeds were encouraging. :)

Then we stalled a little higher on the converter trying to get a better sixty foot time and eeked out a 1.900 sixty foot and was awarded with a 12.730 @ 109.17 time slip. After a couple more passes running 12.7's we hauled in a 12.701 @ 108.93 with a 1.858 sixty foot time. Someone told me there was a 12.6 in it, but I didn't necessarily believe it.

Until...

Density altitude was over 2,500', so I wasn't complaining with those numbers. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
Hey, you got that 12.6 Congrats!

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Congrats JP on the "Blue Flame" Initial outing

Nice getting the opportunity to spend a few hours with you and get on a little rubber buzz.

Considering the weather conditions and being the initial track outing the car ran very well. There is certainly a lot of tuning left in it to get it optimized and we did figure some things out today so you are well on your way. Looking forward to getting some more time in on it with you to see where that "Barge" will land but certainly showing great potential and heading in the right direction.

I'm looking forward seeing it this fall with more tuning and watch it crack those 11 second slips.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Congrats!

Al

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! :smile2:

I'm looking forward seeing it this fall with more tuning and watch it crack those 11 second slips.
I remember scoffing at you years ago when you told me the car would be in the 13s (with the stock engine). You were right then and you may be right now. But, I wouldn't have bet on a 12.6 in those conditions, so who knows? I do know the trap speeds show some definite potential. :wink2:

Looks like we did get a little wrinkle going on in them tires after all. >:)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I've seen that car run a few years back, it's awesome to see how much progress you've made.

Be proud, the hard work shows.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
Looks like we did get a little wrinkle going on in them tires after all. >:)
Damn Nice!!

There's not much weight on those front tires, from the look of it. :)

Keep up the good work!

Imagine what it can do on a cool day with good air... :smile2:

It looks like a Blue Bullet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts