TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so friday night me and my buddies took our cars up to new england dragway. his 06 GT got a best of 13.2 and my bird got a best of 16flat. both on our first runs. it was cold and the track was almost icy after that first run. i actually made a 21second pass while doing a one wheel peel for the full 1/4mile. and i beat a newish vette, b/c of the traction issues.

so the question is, a bone stock all original factory 97 bird with just a k&n cai, stock everything no tune and 3.27 open diff and stock tires, is 16sec, 88mph, good for my first time? id like to think if it was warmer i could have got some high 15's. also my terrible R/T was .750 and my 60' was 2.3 on that run, but it was legit my very first run ever. i didnt hold the brake n give some gas till just before the tires get loose either, i tried that on the next run 18mins later n spun till halftrack haha.

thoughts? ideas? i had alot of fun and will deff go back, i have a baseline now haha.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,432 Posts
16 flat doesn't seem bad for lousy conditions for a first timer. Completely stock on a good track they're known to run mid to mid-high 15s.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good. im very happy with my times especially for my first time. i was just as excited to get the numbers on my windows as i was to race haha

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea all 94-97 v8 cars run mid to high 15 easy regardless of the gear my 95 ran 15.7 @89.70 and my cougar whith 3.08gears ran [email protected] so go figure I've even seen a 200000 mile 95 run 16.0 flat so 15s should be no problem, prolly need good tune up

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I got my time with wheel spin, no j-mod, stock driveshaft, and skinnier tires.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tune up's been done. the track was so cold after my first run it felt like we wee racing on snow, there was no grip. put it this way- i beat a vette cuz all he/she did was spin. on a warmer day and with some more practice im sure i could hit 15.5ish

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
tune up's been done. the track was so cold after my first run it felt like we wee racing on snow, there was no grip. put it this way- i beat a vette cuz all he/she did was spin. on a warmer day and with some more practice im sure i could hit 15.5ish
Most definitely.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm sorry my ignorance but what could be a good tune??

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,432 Posts
I'm sorry my ignorance but what could be a good tune??
Motorcraft or Autolite spark plugs, Motorcraft or Ford Racing plug wires, fuel filter, clean the MAF sensor, replace all the vacuum lines, Sea Foam the gas tank and top end, new air filter, etc. etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts