TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea does anybody else have a problem getting traction when the hit passing gear in the rain. i have problems with traction off the line and the car is stock. the tires are decent but dont stick. screw the rain

·
Registered
844 Posts
Consider it proof you have some power. Now, if it was dry, and you couldn't get any traction at speed...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know this cause ive grown up around drag racing all my life but i was just wondering if yalls have as much fun as i do with it all

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
J-mod + 3800 stall + crappy tires = traction problems :cool:

I have to watch out for the 1 > 2 hit when its really slick out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now thats what im talkin about right there...........i can only imagine what mine is gonna do when i start really modding it cause now shes stock with a sc body kit thats all

·
Registered
871 Posts
Tell me about it. I am running summer performance tires... and I still can't get traction on dry forget about water.

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts
i find that low profile tires have better traction in rain then regular tires do
but then again you get what you pay!

I hydroplained once while passing a big semi once on a highway going 110km/h. pressed the breaks in all the way and car kept on going staight as if nothing happened. I manage to get out of the situation unharmed as did every1 alse, but since then I drive carefuly in rain as if my life depends on it :S

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
like someone else said, you get what you pay for when it comes to tires... my normal tires, suck balls in the rain, however my summer wheels, with bfg KDW's on them are actually really good in the rain.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I Need To Step Up The Brand Of Tire. Im Running A 255/60/15 So Its Plenty Wide For What I Have But These Tires Suck But Like I Said Its Still Fun

·
Registered
709 Posts
If you have an open dif like me it shouldn't even matter. I can be turning a corner WOT spinning like a mother the whole time and the car just goes around the corner no drama. the arse won't kick out. with LSD on my 4.6 it would. I guess 3 out of 4 tires having traction will do that! lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts