TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a guy here with a very clean 1997 t-bird with a trailer hitch. WHY?!? I don't know why people do this to sports type cars.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I have a hitch on mine. It was originally to tow with as the car was my only vehicle. Now however, it serves and even better and perhaps more important role. It is the lowest point on the rear of the vehicle so I never have to worry about scraping my bumper on anything, the hitch will hit first. Plus, when I strap the car down to the trailer, it gives me two VERY strong and well-placed tie down points for the rear. I'm glad I have mine. :D

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i plan on towing my pop up camper with mine, and also you could tow a wave runner or something too .

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a hitch on my car, for all the above listed reasons. I had one on my last T-bird. But I would only have a reciever type hitch on it so it would be out of the way and invisible when not in use.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with ya man. Trailer hitches on t-birds just seems a little too hilljack. Why am I now having nightmares involving rebel flag license plates and fat ruskids hollaring "git er done"?

·
Registered
608 Posts
DennisIsEvil said:
I agree with ya man. Trailer hitches on t-birds just seems a little too hilljack. Why am I now having nightmares involving rebel flag license plates and fat ruskids hollaring "git er done"?
cuz thats how we doo stuf down hur in tha souf......not really :)
if i had something to tow, i would get ahold of dallas' tonka truck (tonka yellow sammy!) and to it with that, then again, i dont have anything to tow

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
My car has a trailer hitch so I can tow a trailer.

It was a lot less expensive to tow a trailer through Ye Olde Rocky Mountains than it was to rent a truck and tow dolly.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a hidden hitch that I use to tow my 88 to the autocross with. I need to get pictures of that next time I do it. It gets some funny looks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
DennisIsEvil said:

You can barely notice the thing there. I personally cant afford a car and truck. So the few times I need to haul something a small utility trailer works just fine.

http://tyjobo.com/uploads/hitch/

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I recommend not towing anywhere where your rear wheels will be in water. I saw some genious launching a jetski with his and played hell trying to get up the ramp during loading. I couldn't stop laughing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i had a hitch on mine, the previous owner did a bunch of light towing for his work. It was a hidden hitch and took bout a half hour to get off. the thing had 6 bolts directly to the frame.

·
Registered
250 Posts
the ones that make me sick are the ppl that have them on a 35th anniversary sc......makes me want to puke, sorry if i offend anyone but thats what i think. and also....you cant tow much more than you can fit in the car so why bother?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Gary Bitzer said:
the ones that make me sick are the ppl that have them on a 35th anniversary sc......makes me want to puke, sorry if i offend anyone but thats what i think. and also....you cant tow much more than you can fit in the car so why bother?
\
So how do you really feel about Hidden Hitches...dont' hold back bud!

:tongue:

·
Registered
250 Posts
haha......i think you got the drift;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts