TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this thing makes a noticable difference........i cansee the temp cooler alot faster now.................just have installed it before summer started...........
________
Laser

·
Registered
801 Posts
where did you locate your?????

i put mines right infront of the a/c condensor where the brackets were at, so i put it there, and i think its gotten worst in the temp department maybe i should move it out of the air way.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I put mine in front of the AC condenser, and everything works great, that was the most usefull mod that I have done on my car.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Re: why?

94T-Bird said:
What is the purpose/ benefit to a tranny cooler?
The trannys used in our cars are notorious for getting very hot. I think that normal operating temps are any where from 170-195 degrees. Our trannys can easily push past the 200 degree mark, and even up past 210 degrees! This is very bad, as it will start to "burn" your fluid and it will glaze over the tc, another bad thing. If left to its own devices, the tranny will start to self destruct. It may take 100000 miles, but it will happen. Not cheap to fix either. Belive me, i know. It happend to me. An aux trans cooler will keep the fluid in the optimal temp range, thereby extending trans and fluid life.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Since I took out the clutch fan on my 5.0 and put in an e-fan, I placed the tranny cooler between the e-fan and engine block. That way it gets considerable amounts of air pushed over it at all times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts