TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In preping for the jmod, I was told yesterday by a friend of mine that there is already a tranny cooler on the cougar. Was there any factory tranny coolers put on the birds and cats or was he mistaken?? I have noticed a smaller cooler up front but never really thought about it before. And if it is a factory cooler, would it be enough for the jmod, or would an aftermarket be recommended?? And how much hose would be needed to run the cooler up front? I know that some kits only provide enough for one way. Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
You might be looking at the PS cooler. Get an aftermarket cooler and an additional 4-5 feet of hose for the install.

Joe

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
One of the more popular kits recommended in various threads here is the B&M Supercooler (24000 GVRW). It's about $50. If you end up ordering it (in the event that you can't find it locally), www.summitracing.com carries that product. Also, just like Rodeo Joe stated, get an addition 4-5 feet of hose.

Another brand worth considering: Hayes. At any rate, make sure you get a stacked-plate design, rather than the tube-and-fin design.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i did order the b&m cooler...2400 GVW one. arrived on friday. so today or tomorrow hopefully i'll get this done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts