TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 20,000 gvw tranny cooler i believe i wanted to know if u guys thought it would be better to bypass the tranny oil cooling part in the radiaitor and just use the cooler for the tranny or use the radiator cooling part and also use the cooler after that also?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Why? wouldn't that heat up the oil more??
Or at least not help.. ?

Not saying you're wrong since you obviously know more than
me/anyone but just weant to know, 'cause I've bypassed mine..

//Per

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
The Radiator is used to "Heat" the fluid up during the cold season, and mornings.. Tranny fluid likes to be @ its operating temperature

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Most of the "20,000gvw" cooler I have seen are over rated. If you have at least a 28k b&m or the bik 40k long cooler you'll be fine without the radiator. in colder climates use the radiator anyway but go through the cooler first.
Alan

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you have a stall converter and still live in cold climates (-10F once in a while) what is recommended? I live in Houston (110F in summer) but go to school in North Indiana. I will get a stall converter soon and need recommendations for a cooler. Would you still go thru the radiator or bypass it?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
WkStill said:
The Radiator is used to "Heat" the fluid up during the cold season, and mornings.. Tranny fluid likes to be @ its operating temperature
Okay... Nothing I have to worry about then... Don't drive it in the winter
and don't pound on the car until all oils and fluids are up to the right temp..

//Per

1 - 8 of 8 Posts