TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my car......a 94 bird.....139k on the car.....trannies dieing......what are my options to save the car for under 2k?........i was thinkin new tranny but it may be cheaper to get a whole new engine and swap it in......and i dont have the time to install a new tranny in my car.....i have accses to an engine hoist.....and just need some ideas.....i was thinkin of swaping in a 96 birds engine with 93k and with a mark 8 tranny w/15k on it for 1800....or a mark 8 drivetrain i dont know.......help.......anyone.....:(

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Since you onlu have 139 on the clock have Dennis ship a bullet proof trans and converter....done. What is it doing that makes you think it's dieing

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i dont have that kind of money if i did i dont thin i would ask around for ideas that are cheaper

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
I recently put in a 98 mark transmission, from a mark with 9500 miles on it.

Good upgrade, and the trans cost 500 shipped.

JH

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Joey you memtioned 2K if you install it yourself you should be able to get even a Ford reman from max for less than that....and it's a lot more cetain than a used trans....you also have a good running motor....if you think you are going to complete Mark 8 drivetrain for less than 2K you are smoking some good $h!t

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can.....i have found mark 8 engine and trans for 1200.....thats under 2k.......its not hard and they even have low miles......how did u install urs justin......cuase i know i cant do that i dont have the time

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Joey...the engine combo may cost 1200 but you need to be realistic in that the extras required to install it are going to add up quickly. Exhaust is a major one on a mark swap as is wiring in a window switch to control the secondary runners and chip to your existing EEC to handle things like knock sensors. I'm not saying don't try it but relize a 1200 motor is not just 1200. Even my 02 explorer swap cost an additional 500 to finish off

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well......i could use my old stock bird exhaust but ye....diffrent ports......but i get you.....im thinkin it would cost a little more and all but would be a big benifit over stock.....and my friedn 1700 dollar price is for a sohc engine so yeah

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Have you cheked www.corral.net/forums ???? Some times they are quit a few bargains there... Good Luck

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
JoeyICU, I've tried to reply to both of the PM's that you've sent me, but it says that your Inbox is full. I DO have the engine/trans from my 97. You can email me at [email protected].

-Rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts