TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am comming home from work and about a block away I stop at a stop sign. Well when I tried to go nothing happened. I heard what I thought was a clicking noise. I shifted down to 1st and it worked for about 25 feet.Then nothing again. I kept playing with the gas and I finally made it home. What the L is going on. I checked the fluid it was a little dirty but filled. I had some small converter slips at times but nothing too bad. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Ricky

·
Registered
153 Posts
It sounds bbq'ed. How many miles do you have on it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Darrin can help with this one. Please correct me if I am wrong (which I know all of you will :) There is a snap ring that breaks in these and it makes a "playing card in a fan" sound. Mine starting making it about 110k. I just replaced my tranny with one Darrin built for me. I got about 140k out of the old one total. It still worked but I could tell it was getting really weak.

Anyways, It sounds like you had a "hard part" give up inside.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would say start looking for a tranny. Contact Darrin, I'm sure he could help you in your search.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Engine was running and it was in park. Just out of curiousity I just tried driving it to the store. It drove ok. It slipped a little a couple times but it was nothing like before. I guess it got hot on my way home from work?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Best start putting back the cash. A big problem like that means serious damage. Its only a matter of time.

How far away are you from central Indiana?

Darrin

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I think its done for good. I just had to drive 4 blocks in reverse. Thats the only gear I have left. It started vibrating real bad and then thats when I lost everything.
Now when I put it in gear I hear a squealing noise. It sounds like a continuos beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
What do you think now? Obviously the tranny is gone but why?

·
Registered
153 Posts
The only real way to find out what happened is to disassemble it.........

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Prices range from a low of $800 plus core to a high of $2500 outright.

There are so many options and upgrades that need to be decided on a per customer basis.

Darrin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts