TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey you guys I have had this prob i barely noticed it there was tranny fluid in my coolant reservoir. I have a bad feeling this is fgoing to cost alot I have atranny coolr I am guessing my tranny cooler can get flushed then putsome new tranny fluid but do I have to flush the tranny and the coolant since they are probably both mixed. I need help will I need a new tranny or sometihng how do you know if you do please help me I need help. If someone can tell me a good radiator (performance) wise that will be better than the 97 one. thanks

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I believe Griffin is making radiators for our cars now. I'd ask Lonnie I think he got a deal with them. I hope you aren't getting water int he transmission as well because it will cause the clutches to all peel off.
Alan

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If the trans fluid looks pink drain it and change it immediately, drive it a little to warm it up and do it again. I would just use dexIII as a "flush"
Alan

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I recently had the same thing. I caught it early (car was in the shop getting an AC hose/muffler assembly replaced and the system recharged) but I had a SLIGHT indication of water in the tranny fluid, mainly I had serious strawberry shake thing going in the coolant.

I drained and replaced the Mercon V in the tranny, it did not look at all like water and oil mixing, not in the external cooler, the radiator cooler, the tranny, or the torque convertor. I would guess in my situation the tranny line pressure was far higher than the cooling system.

I am still to this day trying to get the cooling system cleaned out. I get a tiny bit of tranny fluid that sticks to the edges of the degas bottle, I stick a paper towel in there and soak it up. I think I am done now, it has been 500 miles since the last time I cleaned it, and there is nothing floating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts